Chapter 8.

So Aiden thought he might have seen Luis. He started freaking out and just had to call Owen, whose always been our greatest help, in everything.

Owen is my God-father and both mom's best friend and first love.

Yep, the two were so in love that when a simple misunderstanding happened, the split caused them to make drastic decisions, leading to consequences.

My mom soon married and had Aiden, who had a good childhood, until he lost his dad when he was just 5. Mom then found someone new, even though her love was still strong for Aiden's dad and her heart belonged to Owen, she still stuck by her decision of getting married again to Luis, therefore, producing me.

At first, Luis seemed like a nice guy as I've been told the story, he was even good to all of us, raising me, but because mom gave him too much freedom, his whole attitude changed. He started yelling, being angry all the time until it all resulted to both physical and verbal abuse. Mom tried running with us, but he always caught us. The one time we ran and hid, hiding well, we thought we were free.

Mom was in a divorce process, finally finding herself and being a single mother. A start to a new life, only for it to end so badly when mom suddenly died from a heart attack, me being present. We lost an angel and that's when we started running, and we haven't stopped running ever since.

Instead of leaving us alone, Luis has been hunting us down, because of money and some unexplainable obsession he has towards me. He should have left us alone but no, he wants the money that our mom has left for both Aiden and me.

I can remember the screams, the shouting, the physical pain. He'd sometimes go overboard when Aiden stood up for me, Luis always wanted to get a hold of me. At first, he could manipulate me, since he knew how much I longed to have a father. It was always better when Owen came around to see us, we were always close, we had a very tight bond and I trusted both him and Aiden with my life.

Laying on my back while staring up at the ceiling, I thought of my life here.  This town wasn't so bad and maybe that's because I've had things to do for the past two weeks. Everything no doubt, being because of Wesley.

These past two weeks have been of Wesley pestering me, me spending more time with him then with Callie. His presence has surely occupied my life and now it's almost impossible to ignore him.

He is just there, I guess.

A knock on my bedroom door diverts my attention.

" Come in, " I say, sitting upright.

The door opens and in enters Owen, whose lips twitch into a small soft smile when he sees me.

We stare at each other for a bit.

He sighs as he comes over to sit on the edge of my bed.

" Are you leaving now?" I ask.

" I'll stay."

" You will?" I perk up.

" Yes, but only for two days and then I'll go back home."

" But we're your family." I tell him, feeling down at the thought of him leaving.

We only ever see him after a few months, because of safety purposes and I surely do miss him.

" Yes you are, " he pats my cheek, smiling at me.

And by smiling, I mean a small smile because Owen doesn't really smile. It's like he's allergic to it.

" So tell me about your time here, do you like it?"