Chapter 34.

My patience is simply running thin with the stares. I thought it would pass, but nope, it has intensified, and now I've chosen to take refuge in the school library, just for the break.

I didn't pay any mind to the few glances I've received when I entered the library, now with time passed, I feel like myself again. I know that Wesley meant well by what he did this morning, he didn't want me to remain under such attention, but I don't think he understands, what all this may mean.

I feel him sit on the chair next to mine.

" I've been looking everywhere for you."

" Well, you found me." I say, not tearing my eyes away from my book.

" Chloe, what's wrong?"

" Nothing, just tired of the stares I've been receiving since morning."

" Since when have you cared about them?" He says, his tone teasing.

I turn away from the book to look at him.

" I don't, but even to someone like me, it can get pretty annoying. Look Wesley, you're used to it but I'm not, and I don't want to start now." I say,  rising to my feet and walking off to put the book, back in its place.

I feel him follow me.

" I know you didn't expect what happened this morning, and maybe I didn't either."

" Thanks, that makes me feel better." I say sarcastically.

" I know that you were uncomfortable, that's why I took you away from there. I didn't like them staring at you so much."

" It's not your fault that people like you so much, and -----------"

" I only care that you like me."

I don't say anything to that.

I hear him sigh before he speaks. "I'm not ashamed of you."

I turn away from the shelf with a frown, to look at him.

" This morning, what happened - look Chloe James, I did all of that, for people to know that I am not ashamed to be seen with you. You are the one I want to spend most of my time with, you are not just my friend, but someone important in my life, and it's better if people start getting used to that."

I stare at him, having no words to respond. He has struck me speechless, not only by his words but how determined and confident he looks.

" You don't have to prove anything to anyone, people just need to mind  their own business." I shrug, placing the book in the shelf before walking past him.

" I know all that, because I don't want people sticking their noses in my business."

" Good, something we both have in common."

" But even with that said, they'll continue doing that, because they now are curious about this really beautiful girl, I'm in company with."

We both sit down and I turn to him.

" Are you trying to smoothtalk me, Adams?"

" Does it have an effect?" He wiggles his brows.

I look at him for a second before laughing softly.

" And I have now achieved getting out a smile from you."

" Shut up." I try hit his arm but he leans back, both our smiles still present.

" Look Chloe, I don't want you to be uncomfortable and I wish there was a way --------- "

" Maybe if you stopped holding my hand...."