Chapter 27.

" You aren't ready yet?" Aiden's voice knocks me out of my thoughts.

I glance away from the window and turn to him. " No, I uh........" I pause when I notice him glance down to my exposed arms.

" I won't do it again, you know." I mumble, walking over to my bed to take my gown, so as to cover up.

He sighs, earning my eyes.

" I don't like the fact that you did it in the first place." He mentions.

" Will it make it all better if I tell you that it was my first time doing it?"

"Knowing that it was the last time, eases me." He says, not tearing his eyes away from my arms, even though I have covered them.

" Aiden, they will disappear soon." I say, mentioning the marks.

" I know that." Somehow he looks like he doesn't believe his own words.

" What's the problem, Aiden?" I ask through a sigh.

" You did it, that's the problem, Chloe!" He lets out through a huff." You hurt yourself."

" What do you want me to say?" I ask in a low tone.

" I don't know." He shakes his head.

" I really don't want to argue."

" That's why I'm walking away!" He says, walking out.

He simply wont let this go easily.

I sigh, laying back on my bed. I pull down my sleeves as I stare at the scars. I can't help but think about what happened, that led up to this.

Mine and Aiden's argument made us to blurt out the meanest things, but I can't deny that what he said about my dad is true. Luis is an abusive maniac, a psycho in better term.

He has hurt us so much and frustratingly had so much power over us, that fear still lurks in me, and I wish to never see him again. Running has become a part of our lives yet we can't stop it. Running is our life, he made it so.

It's always been him, the hunter, and we, well we are the prey. It's a sad fact, one we have been living on the run with, for so many years.

I wish to never see him again and for him to disappear. I wish to last a year in a place.

' You mean this place?' My consciousness says, making me close my eyes for a moment.

The sound of a message alert on my phone, serves as a distraction, and I don't have to dwell on the answer. I don't have to think long and hard if I want to stay here any longer.

' I'll be there soon.

                     ~Wesley~ '

For some reason, the message coming from Wesley lightens up my mood. It also pushes me to finally get up off the bed and go on to the shower, so I can get ready for school.

I don't spend too much time in there and once I am actually done and dressed, I head downstairs and walk in on Aiden, looking lost in thought while staring at his coffee mug.

" It won't disappear anytime soon." My voice snaps him out of his thoughts and he looks up at me.

" Would you like another one?" I ask.

He shakes his head, pushing the mug away from him.

I walk past him to go and make myself breakfast. I'm craving some cheerios.