Chapter 29

Wesley

I want to call him but I'm afraid to. I'm afraid that the impact of Aiden's words, that were thrown at him, were too much of a weight on him.

Aiden lost control of himself and was downright mean. I know that there was more to just scolding us and making us see our wrong, in skipping school, but the way he went about everything was not right.

Yes, things had been left under tension between us, but I just can't understand, what else could have set Aiden off. There were times when I would watch Aiden and worry, that he has invested himself too much in being my parent, rather than being my brother. That is where we find ourselves riding on tension, because sometimes he loses that sense of understanding me.

He can forget at times that I also have my own life, to better understand myself, to make mistakes, and to experience what life has to offer for me. He also has a life and as many times as I will say it, that I am grateful to him for looking after me, loving me, and giving me the best life, I get worried when he sets himself aside and forgets that he is still young.

He needs to live and loosen up a bit. I know that we have Luis to worry about, because he is that threat, that has been lingering in our lives. He has been a nightmare for both of us. Luis might have ruined our childhood, but we can't let him have the same power over us now.

We are grown now and our paths prove different, Aiden has a girlfriend now, who also needs his attention, love, dedication and commitment. He is a working young man and also is the greatest human being, that I know. He has dreams and goals, which I am in full support that he can fulfill.

I, on the other hand have friends now, well, if I still have any, after today. Callie is upset with me and Wesley, well, I believe is more than hurt.

What if he doesn't want me in his life anymore, after today?

I blink hard at the sound of that thought.

In such a short amount of time, I can definetly say that I have gotten used to Wesley, being in my life. He is just present in my life and it makes sense for him to be, without us trying to find the reason. Wesley Adams has warmed his way into my life and more over, my thoughts.

I haven't been able to think much about anything else, other than him. I am honestly hurting for him, because I know that he's still coming around, to familiarising with his normal. Wesley is opening up and not hiding away, like he's done for so long.

I just wish what happened today, won't push him back to the beginning.

I wish he won't see himself as a bad influence in my life, because he simply isn't. I hope an opportunity presents itself for me to tell him that.

I try to reach out to him one more time, this time, leaving a message, before placing my phone on the bedside table. I sigh, rising to my feet and heading on to stand by the window, where I lose myself in mindless thinking.

My moment of relaxing and thinking, is interrupted by a knock on the door.

I don't answer but continue staring out the window.

I hear the door open but still, I don't turn around. I'm just not in the mood to talk right now.

" Chloe ?" This voice captures my attention and I glance over my shoulder.

It's surely a surprise to see Ingrid, standing by my door and not Aiden.

"Uh, hey." She says awkwardly, her eyes quickly scanning my room before looking back at me.

" Hi." I respond, not tearing my eyes away from her, feeling curious as to why she's here right now.

" So, uh - Are you okay?"