Chapter Four.

I woke up in a cramped, wet, mouldy cell. Sadly it was something I was more than used to.

I sighed and sat up, ignoring the throbbing pain in my head. I could smell that the bars were silver and they’d posted five guards right outside my cell. I could hear the electric charge running through the bars and easily locate the security cameras in the ceiling, all focused on me. I flipped them off and stood, stretching. I was still naked, covered in blood and pissed off. How long had I been out? The blood smelt about a week old.

A guard came to the door of my cell and slipped a tray of water, bread and soup. “Eat.”

I sniffed the food and water, seeing if it was poisoned. Apart from the stale smelling bread and warm water it was fine, though the soup was something else; it smelt like piss with carrot, cabbage and chicken.

I took sips of the water and ate the bread, but left the soup; I need my strength, not sickness.

I tapped on the bar with the tray, ignoring the buzz of electricity that went through me; I think that it was meant to hurt, but like all other things, Rieker had already put me through electric shock. It took a lot more to hurt me.

The same guard appeared and watched me with curiosity as he took the tray and bowl back. “Can I ask you a question?”

Ignoring him I walked to the opposite side of the cell and lay down on the bed.

 “Why would you become a hunter? I mean, you’re a female werewolf, that can shift and your coat is probably the purest black anyone has ever seen.”

I ignored him and instead stared at the cracks in the ceiling. I wouldn’t be escaping today.

-

“Get up.” I pulled my top lip back in a silent snarl as the guard grabbed my arm in a bruising grip and dragged me out of the cell. I followed along quietly, waiting for my time to escape.

He dragged me into the meeting room and forced me down on my knees, holding my neck and positioning a blade across my neck. I growled at the nine men in front of me; the seven council members, Alpha Miller and King Nightingale.

“What is your name?”

I ignored Nightingale and watched the wall behind his head. If I didn’t find a way to escape I would skewer myself on the blade at my throat.

“Don’t ignore me hunter!”

I did just that.

“Why did you come here?” The king’s voice was deep and I could hear the anger in his booming voice.

This room really needed to be dusted. I could see each individual dust particle on the wall and it was filthy. Nightingale rose and approached me. I continued to ignore him and I know that it was irking both his wolf and his human side.

My head snapped to the side as he backhanded me with overwhelming force and the blade at my throat drew blood.

“Answer me!”

I looked up at him through my lashes and licked my lips. “Fuck you.” I spat with venom.

“And she talks!”

“Smartass.” I muttered.

“So what should we do with her while the alphas take their time getting here?”

There was only one suggestion.

“Kill the bitch.”

I sighed and rolled my eyes; real original with the ‘bitch’. It was a real hurtful knife to my stone cold heart.