Chapter Sixteen.

Walking into the mess hall my nose wrinkled as the smell of bacon hit me, instantly I felt nauseous. The map I’d studied of the compound came to mind and I felt like screaming when I realised that the nearest toilets were on the other side of the giant room and I wouldn’t make it in time.

I looked around desperately for a bin and my eyes zeroed in on one next to a table full of enforcers with Dylan approaching said table. As fast as I could, I made my way to the bin, desperately trying to hold back the nausea and just as I reached the bin I doubled over with my hand over my mouth. Trying to hold it back was pointless as everything in my stomach went over Dylan who stood next to the bin as his pack mates shuffled around so he could sit down.

“Oh god.” I groaned, looking apologetically at him. I may be a ruthless but I’m not above apologising. “I am sorry.”

“Are you alright now?” He asked gently. “What set that off?”

“Bacon.” I groaned, picking up napkins on the table and handing a few to him while I patted his chest.

He shot a look to two of his friends and they nodded, shooting smiles to me and went over to where the cooks were serving food. They exchanged words and when they grabbed the tray holding all the bacon and took it out back into the freezer my eyebrows creased in confusion. “What are they doing?” I asked confused.

Dylan chuckled and guided me to the table, helping me into the bench which I really didn’t need help with even though I’m three months pregnant, well the equivalent of six months if I were human. I wasn’t showing too much though and I looked like I’d shoved a cushion down my shirt. “Wouldn’t want you to be sick again.” He said setting his food down and turning towards the door. “I’m going to go shower and change, feel free to eat the food on my tray, I’ll get another.”

Nodding slowly as he walked away I looked at his tray which was nearly overflowing with food, mainly hot foods and junk. I picked up a pancake and dug in. The food was surprisingly good, the kitchen ladies know how to cook.

“So, do we have training today?” One of Dylan’s friends asked.

I shot him a smirk and nodded, making him groan. “You came down even harder after you got pregnant. I’m surprised that no one’s died from exhaustion.”

I shrugged and pushed the plate away feeling sick. This time it wasn’t morning sickness. “I think I’ll go get something else.” I muttered, taking a few seconds to actually stand. I felt much heavier than normal and I hated it.

“Wait, we’ll get you something.” The guy said standing up.

I shook my head and looked over to the food. “Sit down and let me do something myself, I’m not helpless.” I growled angrily. Frankly I’m surprised that Alex and Nick hadn’t dragged me back to their room yet. After the moment two months ago where we decided on names, they’ve been protective and possessive. They won’t let me sleep in Hunter’s room and they try to keep me locked up or stuck to their sides.

“Where are you going?”

Spoke too soon.

I growled in response and flipped him off before striding over toward the food. I moved my hand as I felt Alex about to grab it and sidestepped Nick.

Grabbing a tray I loaded it with a big bottle of water and grabbed various fruits, vegetables and three pieces of skinless chicken breast.  Balancing the tray in one hand I walked back to the table that Dylan had joined again.

“I swear I saw someone who looked exactly like luna.” Dylan said confused. I froze and just barely managed to stop my plate from toppling to the floor. “I only saw him for a split second but I swear it was like the luna’s twin.”