Chapter Seven.

I woke to see that I was on a helicopter, the alphas sitting on either side of the hard chair that I was sitting on. My hands were chained to a rail attacked to the helicopter and I knew that now was not the time to fight.

I growled and closed my eyes, bowing my head as I sincerely regretted every waking up.

 “You can’t ignore us forever Rory.”

I raised my unbound hand and flipped off the nearest male. Yes, yes I could ignore you forever. The other chuckled and I could feel him moving closer to me. “We’ve got ourselves a feisty one Nick.”

I released a big breath and counted to ten. It’d really do you no good to kill the only two people who were bound to back me up, no matter how stupid and annoying they were.

-

I sat silently staring out the car window as the snow whizzed by soundlessly. My hands were cuffed again, this time with silver. They really weren’t taking any chances. Neither of the Knight brothers were talking, thankfully. They simply sat next to me doing paperwork.

From what I could see it was the pack finances and occasionally they would swap papers.

They took it too far when Alpha Alexandros brushed his hand across my chest. I growled at him and flexed my fingers.

They kept this up as we drove and as they got closer and closer to me my fists began clenching until I began bleeding.

I felt the tip of Alexandros’ nose skim my throat and jaw as he inhaled my scent. My breath caught in my throat as his hand moved up the inside of my leg. I snarled a warning at the both and looked over at the driver who had totally ignored us this entire time.

I decided that I’d had enough. I elbowed him in the face, hard. There was a crack as blood poured down his face and he growled at me. “Touch me one more time and I’ll do a lot worse than a broken nose.” I threatened calmly. 

He sat back as the atmosphere in the car became tense. They were all eyeing me as I sat quietly, staring out the front window.

The forest had been the only sight for the past half hour before the trees started thinning out and a huge grassy field of thick lush grass seemed to stretch for miles. I could smell the scent of hundreds of wolves, bears, tigers, lions, every were creature imaginable; all predominantly male.

I could hear the faint rustling but other than the smell and faint sounds I came up with nothing. I had a theory as to why I was here, but I couldn’t prove it unless Alex or Nick confirmed it; an underground base. It’s a smart idea since the other hunters wouldn’t be able to find it and would only see a huge field surrounded by the forest.

The car descended down underground and the sky became only a small speck of blue. I kept calm, though inside I will admit that I was hesitant. Underground I was at a disadvantage and there was little escape.

“Welcome to your new home.” I ignored him and watched, concealing my amazement at the huge complex.

People, mainly men, rushed around in an organised fashion. Guards appeared next to the car and both Nick and Alex dragged me out.

I could feel the glares of the men who had stopped what they were doing to watch me and I snarled back at them. A door slid open behind a group of around eight men, all huge and muscular like all male shifters.  As they moved forward I gave the lead male a feral grin.

“How’s the wrist?” I remarked as the guards pushed me forwards.

He replied with a stony glare which I matched. As I stared into his hateful eyes I pushed my way through his mental defences, taking control of his body and pushing him down onto his knees. As he tried to fight back, glaring at me the whole time, I sent a surge of pain that washed over him. I could clearly see him trying not to growl as I released his mind, ending the torture but keeping him on his knees. I held his glare and challenge as he tried to stand, growling at me as he failed. “Don’t fight it Matthias; I’ll make it hurt more.”

“Let. Me. Go.” He ground out.

There was a growl behind me as Alexandros walked over to his beta, sending me a cautious look. “Lock her up.” He ordered as he helped Matthias stand. I realised my hold over him as I was pushed into a corridor that reeked of titanium.

They lead me through four high security, titanium doors that were bolted into place and eventually reached a cell of five by five metres with a small bed. The cell was more of a cage with bars on each side that were secured to the ceiling and floor. The bars had a silver coating covering the titanium and there was a faint buzz as I got near. Security cameras covered every vantage point of the cell and three guards stood outside.

All the cells were filled with men as they pushed me into a cell where a filthy man lay. He was a rogue while the others in the cells around us were hunters.

He leered at me as they pushed me into the cell. The door closed with a bang behind me and so I sat in the middle of the room, pondering my next move.

I could feel the rogue staring at me and cracked my knuckles one by one. If he tried anything, he would die.