Chapter Eight.

“Bad move mutt.” I growled at the rogue who’d been running his hand slowly over my body after I’d fallen asleep on the concrete floor. The moment his hand had touched my ankle I had been aware of everything, though he didn’t know that. He’d thought that I was asleep and that he could take advantage of me. I sat up and grabbed his hand, snapping it in half and pushing him to the floor. He howled in pain and struggled against me like a wild animal but I got him in an unbreakable head lock and forced him to his knees.

I knew that I was being watched and I was surprised that they hadn’t stopped me. My guess was that they needed him if he was still alive and locked up.

I growled at the rogue that was underneath me, fighting with everything he had. He scratched my arms, growling and snarling as I held him down.

He drew blood but the scratches healed immediately as I picked him up by his neck and thrust him against the metal bars. He screamed as he met the silver and his body convulsed as electricity passed through his body. I tightened my fists as the painful zapping passed through him to me before letting him drop to the ground. His chest rose and fell as he gasped for breath as he glared at me. “You’re an evil bitch.” He hissed.

I laughed cruelly as I viciously tore his head from his body. The thump of his head hitting the floor was extremely satisfying. I kicked his body and then went to sit on the bed.

As footsteps echoed from the corridor I kept my eyes on the floor. They deactivated the electricity and slid open the door.

They dragged the body out and I let them go. I could’ve escaped, but there was no point. They would never stop hunting me. Funny how the hunter had now become the hunted. No matter where I ran they would find me sooner or later.

“Did you really have to kill him?”

I looked up and met the eyes of Yiannis who chucked me a towel.

I nodded and wiped the blood off my face and neck. He had deserved it, if I hadn’t killed him then he would’ve kept going and I wouldn’t just lay there as he took what he wanted. I despised men who forced themselves on others and as far as I was concerned the world was better without him.

“Your trial is in three days.” He said before leaving as the bars slid back into place.

In three days I would die. I couldn’t bring myself to care though.

-

Three days. Three days have passed. I’ve been in this little cell for three days straight with one meal a day; soup, bread and a bottle of water. I could tell that they were being generous though, as I was mates to their alphas.

“Get up, the council is waiting.” They pulled me up from the ground and pushed me out of the cell.

As I followed the guards, it was hard not to notice that crowds of warriors had gathered, many trailing behind. The large doors ahead opened, revealing a room as large as a football field with viewing platforms winding around the room in a spiral.

In the middle of the room, on a raised platform sat the fourteen alpha council members and Nightingale. There were twenty- four packs across the world, each ranging from only a few dozen wolves to over hundreds. There was only an estimated four thousand wolves left across the entire wold because hunters had exterminated hundreds of thousands. And I’d probably killed more than any other.

As we reached the centre of the room, the doors banged shut and the sound of a bolt drawing could be heard. I was taken up the steps of the raised stone platform in front of the stone table the alphas were seated at. The table was as tall as my waist and made of solid stone, cold and intimidating.