Chapter Nine.

“The hunters are not limited by morality or law; they will fight dirty and take any opportunity to kill you. They blindly follow orders and believe that the extermination of all supernatural species will free the Earth from our darkness.” My voice boomed over the field, echoing off the trees and washing over the crowd of around a thousand men in front of me; werewolves, were tigers, were lions, were bears, every were creature in existence was standing in front of me, split into three seperate groups based on skill. “They will kill everything you love, you will die. You will die if you are not prepared. You will die if you fight fairly. You will die if you are not prepared.”

“We’ll die anyway.” I growled and glared at the wolf who interrupted me. He was th Knight Alpha’s cousin and Alex’s third in command.

I know that Hunter hated me. Neither Knight twins were here today so he could say whatever he wanted without consequence. At least that’s what he thought.

He would have to be one of the most egotistical, big headed, douches I’ve ever met, and I’ve met a lot of them through my life. He thought that women should bow down at his feet and service him whenever he felt like it. He was a disrespectful mutt. With thick dirty blonde hair, deep blue eyes, full pink lips and a sharp nose along with his body, he seems to consider himself god’s gift to the world.

Ignoring him I continued. “You either work hard here and live, or slack off and die.”

Hunter interrupted by approaching where I was standing, circling me. “I think we’re tough enough, why do we need you to tell us what to do?”

Reining in my annoyance I stepped aside and gestured to the multitude of enforcers. “You teach them then.”

He smirked, standing up on the platform and raised his hands. “We will crush these pathetic humans with our little fingers!” Whoops and hollers circulated through the field and I was astounded at how stupid these men are. “We will fight and we will conquer!” I met his eyes and his smirk grew wider. “How about we start training boys? Luna, why don’t you have a go? I’m thinking 700 pushups, 800 sit-ups and a fifty mile run?” He suggested. I grinned and nodded. I wasn’t his luna and I wasn’t weak.

-

“You cheated somehow!” Hunter accused like a child, literally he looked like he was five seconds away from throwing a temper tantrum; all because I’d proved him wrong in front of everyone. I had done everything he asked without a problem and was now standing in front of him, face emotionless with my arms crossed across my chest, feeling the sweat run down the middle of my back and chest, down my face and underarms.

“You are truly stupid if you thought that a little exercise would break me.” I stepped forward and pushed him square in the chest so he tripped backwards, tripping over the platform and landing on his cocky ass. “Get up and start running. By the time I have finished this training session I expect you to have run the perimeter at least a hundred times.” I held up my hand as he opened his mouth to speak, knowing he would argue. “I don’t appreciate egotistical, sarcastic bastards interrupting my sessions. If you want to die that’s fine, but I’m trying to equip these men with skills that will keep them alive.”

Narrowing his eyes I could see him biting back a retort, instead he stood and started shedding his clothes. Shaking my head I threw his shirt back at him. “You’ll be running the whole thing on two legs and I’ll know if you cheat.”

I swear I saw steam coming out of his ears as his face turned red with anger, I know he was holding his tongue because his friends could hear.

“You have six hours.”

-

“Faster!” I shouted at the man in front of me, Dylan. He had been trying to pin me for twenty minutes and had taken so many hits he would look like one giant, walking bruise if he didn’t rapidly heal. His thick black hair was matted, his pink upper lip set in a silent snarl that revealed crooked white teeth, sweat pouring down his tanned, freckled face. I could see in his murky brown eyes that he wanted to snap my neck for pushing him so hard, honestly I don’t blame him.