Chapter Ten.

“What is she doing here?” Hunter asked Alex confused, while the other men just looked on. I could tell that they were asking the same question, save for the few who I hadn’t killed at the Piedra de la Luna pack house.

Before Alex could answer I peeled my black cotton shirt off, followed by my pair of cargo pants, leaving me standing in a black lacy push up bra and matching thong. I peeled them off, and shifted while my mates growled at the men ogling me. They needed to see that I could shift, which meant shifting in front of them and shredding my clothes would be a waste of resources.

“Holy shit!” Hunter yelped, jumping backwards and landing on his ass. I could see why he was shocked, not only was I a female who’s able to shift, I’m a huge black wolf, slightly smaller than a male but so much bigger than the other females who could shift. Being a black wolf put me at a major advantage as I could easily blend into my surroundings and was invisible in the forest underground and at night.

I looked around at the many wolves, bears, tigers, lions, all the were- species. Before they knew what was happening I took off like a bullet. I heard their shouts as they quickly shifted and pursued me.

Growls, hissed and roars echoed behind me and I smiled as I darted through the trees like a shadow, making it difficult for them to follow me. I was faster than all of them combined, females are usually half their size and were made to be faster, and since I train everyday none of them had a chance if I chose to escape. But I wouldn’t, not today. I knew that Rieker was planning something it would be in my interests to stay here, training the enforcers would mean another thorn in Rieker’s side and I was happy to make his life miserable; that is before I killed him. Once I’m done with him he will welcome death with open arms.

Reaching a large dam I shifted and dived into the water. With the moonlight shining I could clearly see where i was, because of my supernatural sight. I had found a hidden lake, complete with a cascading waterfall. It was so peaceful here and the only sounds were the water spray hitting the pool below, birds chirping and tree swishing in the soft breeze; none of the boys had caught up with me yet.

Ducking under the water I enjoyed the cool temperature and peace it provided, all sounds were muffled and I could only see the moon shining upon the surface of the crystal clear water.

When my lungs started burning uncontrollably I knew that I needed oxygen. I may be immortal but I still need to breathe. I seemed to have either really good or really shit timing as I saw the men circled around the lake, sniffing the edge of the water while Alex growled furiously and Nick paced.

“If I want to leave I will, but I’m here to train the men and that’s what I’ll do until I deem my job done.” Their heads snapped up and I shook my head in disbelief. Idiots. They stared at me, well mainly my chest; though it was covered with my hair the strands stuck to my skin and did nothing to hide the curve of my bust.

“We couldn’t find you. You’re the luna to the two strongest packs in the world, and you are a female shifter, not to mention a black wolf; it’d make our enemies very happy to have you.” Nick said confidently.

I bit back a retort, they would just argue with me as Alex leered at me. His gaze did messed up things to my body and I honestly wished the mate bond didn’t work when my nipples were clearly hard under my hair. “Come out of the water mate, or would you rather us come and get you?” Alex suggest huskily, making a move to step into the lake.

Shaking my head I took a step and froze when a prickly feeling washed over me, my instincts were telling me something was wrong. My eyes landed on Matthias as he stared at me and I could tell that he was feeling the exact thing.