Chapter Thirteen.

When the Japanese mend broken objects, they exaggerate the damage by filling the cracks with gold. They believe that when something’s suffered damage and has a history it becomes more beautiful. ~Barbara Bloom

 “You’re babies are healthy and happy.” The doctor wiped away the ultrasound gel and took off her gloves. “Keep up your fluids and eat healthy foods, you need to put on some weight as well to ensure that they both have the nutrients they need for the rest of the pregnancy.”

Nodding I slid off the table and pulled the shirt back down over my stomach. “Thanks, I’ll let you get to your next patient.”

“Oh Rory?” I paused at the door and raised an eyebrow. “Could you try to refrain from acting on your violent emotions and mood swings? Can you go a little easier on the men? Most of the injuries that I’ve gotten in the last few weeks have been caused by you.”

Chuckling darkly I shook my head and stepped out of the infirmary. “No can do, I’ll break all their bones if it makes them move faster or hit harder.”

-

“So how’d the appointment go?” Hunter asked as I lay on his bed ten minutes later, Marti sitting on a beanbag in the corner of the room and Hunter on the floor.

I shrugged and stared at the ceiling. “Apparently I need to start putting on weight.”

“Don’t tell Nick or Alex otherwise they’ll tie you to a chair and shove food down your throat until you got so fat you wouldn’t be able to move.” Hunter warned light-heartedly.

My shoulders shook in silent laughter as I imagined them trying to tie me to a chair. “Firstly, they wouldn’t be able to get me into the chair and secondly, I burn energy so fast that it’s actually impossible for me to get fat.”

“Lucky bitch.” Marti muttered. “Just cause I’m part cat doesn’t mean that I can eat whatever I damn well fucking want.” She continued.

I tilted my head and looked at her as she rubbed her belly, Marti was only a few days ahead of me in her pregnancy, but I was way bigger and honestly I don’t see what she was whining about. “Marti shut up, you’re thin and honestly it would be good if you gained a bit of meat, if you keep complaining I will shove my foot up your ass.” I threatened. “You only have one thing inside you; I have two alpha pups that are already moving around and it’s only going to get worse. I didn’t even want them in the first place!” I snapped agitated. Fucking mood swings.

“Whoa, calm down there luna.” Hunter said calmly.

When I growled and turned my head to glare at him as I sat he held up his hands in the universal sign of surrender. “Stress, anger, grief or any other negative emotion is bad for the babies, try to breathe.”

“If you call me ‘luna’ or ‘alpha female’ one more time I will kill you Hunter.”

“Yes Rory.” He smirked.

“And how do you know all that stuff about negative emotions?” Obviously it was a no brainer that it was bad for the babies but I didn’t expect him to know that.

A boyish grin spread across his face as it turned a shade redder. “I’ve been reading up, we all have, I’m going to be the best uncle.”

I coughed and stared at him. “Well you can have them when they get out. I’m not mothering material and I don’t even want them in the first place.”

He growled and glared at me. “God dammit Rory! It’s not always about you! If you haven’t noticed your mates and over half the compound are so looking forward to their births and all you can say is that ‘you don’t want them’? I bet if you could you’d leave at the first opportunity and have an abortion! Sure, you’re not the person I’d pick to be a mother but you’ll figure it out with the help of your mates, you have more people on your side than you think; but you can’t keep holding everyone at arm’s length and treating them like shit. I mean, you’d happily leave Nick and Alex heartbroken because you’re a selfish bitch!”