Cold Turkey

Two weeks had passed and Gerard hadn't had a drop of alcohol.

He told me he was going to 'Fuck everything and go cold turkey.'

I bit the bullet and took his words seriously.

I had faith in him, of course.

I had kept my distance though.

I was not going to be hurt by him again.

"So what do you want to do today?" Gerard asked as we slumped down on the couch in his living room.

I shrugged my shoulders and sighed.

A moment's silence passed and I felt Gerard suffle on the couch, his body moving closer to mine.

"Gerard..." I sighed a whisper.

"What?" He asked, his voice just as quiet as mine.

"What are you doing?"

He sighed. "I miss you."

I shuffled away from him, getting as close to the arm of the couch as I could.

"Gerard stop. We agreed on this. I'm not getting back with you. You hurt me too much." I sniffed, refusing any loose tears.

Gerard sighed again, but this time it was angry.

He got up and went into the kitchen where and almighty crash sounded a second later.

I ran to where it had come from.

There I found half the cutlery, plates, bowls, coffee cups and various other utensils scattered around on the floor, most of which had shattered.

I didn't know whether to sort him out or pick up the broken pieces.

Gerard was on the floor on the opposite side of the room to me with his head in his hands.

"Gerard..." I breathed. "What have you done?"

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry Scarlett. I hurt you I know, but it was a mistake." His muffled cries came from the heap in front of me. "Drink. Just drink with me. Then it won't feel so bad that i'm drinking in the first place."

I looked up at him in shock, not knowing or understanding why he was so suddenly saying this.

"Gerard no." I snapped.

"Please. It'll loosen us both up, we don't even have to drink that much, just until we're calmer."

"No. You're supposed to be sobering up and I wouldn't drink even if I wanted to becaus-"

I cut myself off because I knew I had said too much. I knew he was about to ask a follow-up question.

"Why wouldn't you drink?" He asked.

I tried to think of an excuse to cover my tracks, to be able to say anything other than 'Gerard... I'm pregnant.'

"Because it's too early in the day." I told him.

He scoffed. "It's 3:30 in the afternoon." 

I sighed.

"I just don't want to drink right now!" I cried. "And apparently, I need to set an example to you because you're acting like a child."

Gerard sighed heavily once more and stood up, moving to the cupboard next to him.

He rummaged in there and pulled out a rather large bottle of vodka.

"Gerard, what are you doing with that? I only checked your cupboards two days ago!" I whined.

"Just shut up and drink it."

I shook my head quickly.

He stretched his arm out to me for me to take it but I refused.

Gerard sighed again with pure impatience and charged at me.

He grabbed me by the roots of my hair and opened the bottle with his teeth and put the tip to my lips.

"Drink it." He said, tipping my head back.

To say I was terrified was the understatement of the year.

"No Gerard." I whispered, my voice even more muffled by the top of the bottle.

He looked at me with raging eyes and forced the neck of the bottle through my teeth and into my mouth.

I tried to scream in pain as the bottle top rubbed a little too hard on my gum, forcing it to tear.

I plucked up all my strength and courage and pushed him away, making him trip over the broken mess on the floor.

"Gerard please." I begged. "I'm..." I paused. I knew. I knew I had to tell him. "I'm pregnant."

GUYS I AM SO SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN LIKE TWO MONTHS. SO HERE'S ONE TO RE-START MY REIGN OF SHITS AND GIGGLES. With more shits then giggles right now though, eh? Yeah... Sorry about that... COMMENT WHAT YOU THINK AND I LOVE YOU ALL!!!