Reservation for 'Way'?

We got to the restaurant at near enough seven on the dot.

After locking the car, Gerard held his arm out for me to link with, which I did, and he lead me inside.

There we were greeted by a waiter, who looked to be in his early twenties, dressed in a tux, holding a menu.

He smiled when he saw us and nodded once as a 'hello'. 

"Hi guys. Table for two?" He asked.

Gerard nodded. "Reservation for 'Way?'"

"Certainly Mr Way." The waiter - who's name tag read 'Matthew' - smiled as he checked the list sat on the podeum he was next to. "Right this way."

He lead us to a candle-lit table for two and made sure we were comfortable before handing us our menus.

I studied the drinks first, searching for something that looked good.

"Champagne?" Gerard asked.

I smiled and nodded.

"A bottle of Premier Cru please. We'll order food in a moment." Gerard smiled to the waiter.

"Fine choice sir. I'll be right back." He replied and walked off.

"Does he not care that i'm underage?" I chuckled in a whisper.

Gerard smirked. "I'm sure he does, but he's getting $200 out of me for just the drink, so i'm not sure he'll ask." 

My eyes widened when the price was mentioned.

"Gerard you don't have to spend that much. A simple Pepsi would have surfised."

He shook his head and set the menu on the table in front of him.

"Tonight is our first date. I'm treating you whether you like it or not." He said.

I rolled my eyes, unable to contain the smile.

Matthew arrived a few minutes later with the champagne and two glasses.

He popped the cork and poured the golden, bubbling liquid into the glasses, about half way.

I thanked him as he set the glass to the side of my place.

Gerard raised his glass after Matthew had left.

"To school." He smirked.

I just chuckled and shook my head.

"To school." I repeated.

We sipped our drink and set it on the table.

To say it tasted expensive was an understatment.

It was so good though...

We ordered and ate, I only had a chicken salad as I wasn't particularly hungry, but I had a dessert to humor Gerard.

"Is there anything else you want?" Gerard asked after we finished up our desserts.

I shook my head a took a sip from my fourth glass of champagne.

Gerard only had one since he was the one driving, so I had the rest of the bottle.

I felt like an alcoholic but hey ho...

"I'm fine thanks Gee." I smiled.

He nodded and grabbed my free hand from across the table.

"Did I do ok?" He mumbled.

I chuckled. "What do you mean?"

He pointed around us with his free hand. "This. Our first date. Did I do ok?" 

I smirked. "You did amazingly Gerard. This is more than I could have ever wished for." 

Gerard smiled and gripped my hand tighter for a split second. 

"A girl as amazing as you deserves to be treated. No. More than that. You deserve to be treated like royalty. Because I have never met anyone as gorgeous, talented, kind or as fascinating as you Scarlett." He smiled.

I blushed and looked down, unable to contain the smile. "I promise you, i'm not that great."

Gerard looked at me with pain in his eyes. My words hurt him.

"I hate it when you undermine yourself like that." He mumbled.

My smile was lost as soon as he gave me the look. But when he said that, my heart shattered.

"But i'm not. You barely know me. You'll learn that all I do is hurt people. I'm not used to this." I told him, gesturing to the restaurant. "I'm not used to being treated like this. I'm not used to guys sticking around. All I am is a whore. A 'fuck and leave' as someone called me at my last school. I hate to say it, but I fear that you'll learn that. As much as I don't want you to."

Gerard looked more than pained by this time. 

He looked destroyed...

"Maybe this was a bad idea..." He mumbled, mainly to himself.

"No Gee. No it wasn't. This was great until I said that. I'm sorry." I sighed. "I'll pay for this. You're already paying for everything else." 

"No it's fine. I called for this dinner. Which means i'm paying."

Awesome... He wasn't even calling it a date anymore...

"Gerard..." I mumbled as he released my hand and put his own up in the air, calling a waiter.

A waitress came over instead and smiled.

"I'd like the cheque please." Gerard told her.

She nodded and smiled. "I'll be right back." 

She walked off and left Gerard and I in an awkward silence.

After Gerard paid for the date, we got in the car and made our way back to the hotel in silence; breaking me with each passing second.

We got back to our room and Gerard took off the dinner jacket, slinging it carelessly onto the bed.

He got changed into sweats in the bathroom, not entering the bedroom again until I'd gotten changed.

He got into bed and turned off his side light, closing his eyes instantly.

I got into bed next to him and laid on my side, facing away from him.

"I'm sorry I ruined everything..." I whispered.