Tell Tale Part 1

We were back at school and for the first time since Elementary, I was wearing a skirt.

Because pants were getting too tight and it hurt.

I walked into Mr Iero's class and helped him set up as everyone sat down.

I did what I could but half way through preparation, I got tired and achy, so I sat down in Mr Iero's chair.

"Are you ok, Scarlett?" Mr Iero asked me.

I sighed and nodded.

"Yeah. Just tired."

Mr Iero nodded, but I could see that he felt there was something else wrong.

"Come on. Come outside." He mumbled, gesturing towards the door.

I sighed once more and got up, following him out the door.

"I'll be back in a second class, I've just got to speak to Scarlett for a few minutes." He told the rest of the students before closing the door.

"Now. What's really wrong?" He asked, folding his arms over his chest.

I hesitated.

How could I tell my science teacher that I was pregnant with his friend's baby? Whether he knew about Gerard and I or not...

"I'm not really sure how to say." I mumbled.

"Just like ripping off a band-aid. Make it quick an-"

"I'm pregnant." I blurted out.

Mr Iero looked genuinely terrified.

"You're what?" He gasped.

"It's Gerard's." I finished.

"How far along?" He asked.

"Just over ten weeks." I replied.

Mr Iero looked astonished.

"Wow..."

"Yeah. And I'm exhausted. My body's aching, the morning sickness is a bitch, the lack of sleep is killing me and I can' help worrying that something will fuck up." I sighed.

Mr Iero sighed with me and rested a hand on my forearm.

"Everything will be ok." He told me. "I heard you and Gerard moved back in together. Which will be good. Not just for you, but for the baby as well."

I nodded.

"You may want to sit out on this experiment though. We're using toxic chemicals and I don't want you or the little one to be harmed."

I nodded again. "Ok. I'll go to the library or something and research or something."

"Ok. Take care of yourself, Scarlett." Mr Iero smiled.

"I will."

I went to the front of the class and got my bag and got halfway to the door when a boy by the name of Callun spoke up.

"Where is Scarlett going, sir?"

"She's going to the library to print some things off for my next class. Not that that's any of your business. So I suggest you sit back in your seat and shut your mouth until I start the experiment." Mr Iero snapped.

I glanced back at the teacher and smirked. He gave me a smug look in return and winked at me.

I left the class and headed to the library until the bell went for next class.

~~~~

I entered music and sat with Billie-Joe, Mike and Tre just like always and we got on with the work for fifteen minutes.

Then we went to a rehearsal room and started writing some badass punk rock songs.

"I think it should sound like this." Billie-Joe said, playing some heavily distorted, typical punk rock power chords on his guitar.

"Wow... Let's sound just like every other punk rock band in existance..." I said, sarcastically.

"You fucking come up with something then." BIllie-Joe snapped, playfully.

I got him to pass me the guitar and I started playing something really cool when there was a knock at the door.

It was Gerard...

"Scarlett, can I talk to you for a second?" He asked.

He looked paler than usual...

I nodded and gave the guitar back to Billie-Joe.

I left the rehearsal room and closed the door behind me.

"What's up?"

"Someone knows..."