Talking in Whispers

A/N: This chapter is dedicated to @BandObsessed_Boy because she gave me the really cute idea <3 Love you Beth!!!

- Gee xoxo

A weeks had passed since the scan and Gerard had seemed really distant.

We had just finished moving my stuff back in and had sat on the couch with a cup of coffee each when I decided to talk to him about it.

"What's been up with you lately? You've been really quiet." I asked, softly, putting the hand that wasn't holding the coffee, on his thigh.

He sat silently for a few moments.

"I just can't believe you didn't tell me you'd be pregnant before."

I sighed.

"That's what all this has been about?" I asked.

He nodded.

"Gerard, it wasn't something I wanted to remember. The dad treated me like an asshole. I didn't tell you because I was trying to block it out."

"But if you miscarried, that means you have more chance of it happening again." He said.

"But it won't. I know it won't." I replied.

"How do you know that? You don't!" He raised his voice a little, but not in the angry way, in the frustrated way, like he was about to cry.

"Gerard..." I sighed. "Just trust me. Everything will be fine, I promise."

He thought about it for a moment, sighed and nodded.

"Ok."

~~~~

We went to bed and talked about the baby and our future.

"I can't wait to hold our baby." Gerard mumbled, pulling me into him.

I rested my head on his naked chest and sighed.

"Me either. It's going to be perfect." I smiled.

I closed my eyes and took in the silence.

About 30 minutes had past and I felt that Gerard was still awake, but I didn't want to say anything.

"Baby? Are you still awake?" He whispered, kissing my head.

Part of me wanted to know what he would do if I wasn't, so I said nothing.

"Well in that case I'm gunna talk to our baby." He mumbled, resting his hand on my tiny bump.

"Hey little one." He whispered, softly. "I'm your daddy. And I want you to know that I love you very much. I don't care if you're a boy or a girl, I don't care whether you grow up to like boys or to like girls. I don't care what music you get into, what fandoms you become a part of. I just want you to be healthy and happy in the life you've chosen and the life that we bring you into. I can't wait to hold you and I can't wait to bring you up and treat you everyday. I love you so much my little Sunshine."