EPILOGUE - PART 4

Taehyung's mother looks up from the sink when she heard the sound of the door clicking. It's very early in the morning, the sun is not even out yet but she's already in the kitchen. She plans to cook something special for her new daughter in law, thinking it might at least cheer her up. She turns around, surprised to see Taehyung walking into the kitchen, looking so dishevelled and exhausted.

"You're home very late", she sighs. "How is everything?"

"The meeting was fine...but...", he looks at the time. "I feel...guilty"

"You should be", his mother teases. "Nana slept alone the entire night. You should make it up to her"

"I want to but...", he slowly removes his jacket, stretching his necks to the sides. "I have to be back at the headquarters by 10 am. I am back to just shower and leave again"

His mother looks at him, mouth agape in disbelief

His mother looks at him, mouth agape in disbelief. "You're leaving your wife again...?"

"Don't look at me like that, mom. I feel bad", he sighs to himself, rubbing the back of his neck. "I will be back early today"

"Don't tell me that. Tell that to your newly wedded wife. I would have just ditched you and marry someone if I were her. You made her spent her wedding night all by herself"

-

Taehyung stands outside the door, hands already on the knob for quite a while but he couldn't bring himself to open it. He is guilty, yes, for leaving Nana behind after getting married having to attend to his duties. No doubt, the guilt is contributing to him feeling so restless and anxious right now. But, at the same time he is extremely nervous of another matter.

This is going to  be his first time seeing her after getting married.

So many strange new emotions rushing in, making his mind sees nothing but complete blankness. Nana is inside his room, well not anymore, its their room now. Let that sink in. She's sleeping on his bed, well of course, not anymore, it's their bed now

Their room, their bed. That's new.

Why does it feel unreal that they are finally married? It hasn't yet to sink that they are now man and wife legally. Nana is his wife. His wife. She's no longer Shin Na Young, she's Kim Na Young from now on. She's his. She's his forever.

He gathered all his guts, slowly opening the door to find the room to be so dark, only the faint light of the night lamp illuminating the entire space. He made sure not to make any noise, slowly closing the door behind him. He stands there, his eyes adjusting to the dark room. He turns at the bed, spotting Nana's long hair sprawled on the white pillows with her back on him.