Chapter 23

Nana gasped at the sight of the person standing at the door, the person she once loved with all her heart, the person she missed so bad and unfortunately, the person she begins to despise. Her heart stopped, feeling every bit of her nerve tight under her skin, her throat suddenly feels dry and heavily gulping. She couldn't utter any word as she looks at him, half in anger half in disbelief.

Everything seems to stop, time suddenly moves slower than it should and the air begins to feel so dense.

"Good Evening", his voice sounded shaky, maybe because of the cold or perhaps shaken at the sight of Nana in front of her

Seokjin's eyes locked on her, taking in the sight of the woman he wanted to see. He feels relieved that he got the address right and managed to arrive before it closes. The moment he saw her, his heart feels heavy and light at the same time, mixed emotions raveling his insides sending confusing thoughts to his head.

He had no idea his heart would hurt this much seeing her after all these years.

"It has been such a long time! When did you come back?" Jimin broke the deafening silence between them

"I arrived yesterday", he answers, but his eyes still looking at Nana. "How are you?"

Jimin knows he wasn't asking him the question but Nana. Deep down, he knows Nana wants him out her sight and she wouldn't even talk to him.

Who would want to talk to the guy who disappeared 2 years ago without any news?

Seokjin left her just like that and she had no idea about his whereabouts. And now, he is here in front of her in the bookstore, looking as if whatever happened 2 years ago was nothing.

Nana feels her entire existence being sucked into a numbing state, halting every movement as she registers his presence in the bookstore. She couldn't believe he had the guts to show himself after all he had done to her. As much as she wanted to burst out her locked-up feelings, throwing all the questions in her head, she had to stay calm. She needs to remain composed and not let her weakness shows.