Chapter 28

Whimpering as she feels the warm ray of light piercing into her eyes, lifting her heavy eyelids as she forces herself up. Nana took her time registering her sight, rubbing her sleepy eyes as she finally opens them wide. The smell of butter lingers around the living room, alerting her senses making her sniffs harder, trying to identify the smell.

What smell is this....?

Pushing herself off the mattress, disheveled hair falling around her shoulder as she runs her finger through it. Turning to her left, surprised to see neither Haru nor Taehyung are there. Confused, she quickly gets up, standing there for a good 5 seconds as she struggles to wake herself up.

The sound of Haru's voice made her turn to the kitchen. She slowly walks to the kitchen, making the least sound possible when she finally reaches the doorframe. Her heart did a somersault flip when the first thing she sees is Taehyung standing at the stove, one hand holding a wooden spatula while another holds the pan. And Haru is standing beside him, on a stool as she assists him.

Nana stands there motionless, frozen at the sight of Taehyung there in the kitchen, cooking. Never had she ever had a thought she would wake up to this sight—ever—and but she just did. And to be frankly honest, it feels surreal and almost like a dream.  She stands there in silence, crossing her arms smiling to herself watching both of them helping each other cooking pancakes, she assumed, by the smell of the butter and sugar.

"Good Morning", she greeted them softly, making both of them turn to her, looking surprised.

"Nana! You are awake! Come look! Taehyung oppa is cooking pancakes for us", Haru points at the pan, one hand gesturing her to come over. "It smells so good"

Curving a sheepish smile, she walks over to them, taking a peek at the pan before turning to look at Taehyung.

"You can cook pancakes?"

"I have a master's degree in cooking pancakes"

His witty reply made Nana look at him, clueless eyes as she tries to process

His witty reply made Nana look at him, clueless eyes as she tries to process. It might be too early for her to understand his reply when her brains failed to work early in the morning.

"Wh-What—a master's degree in—wait, why am I so slow", shaking her head, sighing at her own slowness. "You should have woken me up, at least I can help"

"Teamwork. You cooked us dinner last night, it's my turn to cook breakfast for us", he clicked his tongue as his hand smoothly flip the pancake perfectly which earns a gasp from Haru.

"Did Detective Namjoon call?"

"He did. Don't worry. They are on their way home. He asked me to make sure you have eaten breakfast so that you wont slaughter him alive once he comes back"