Chapter 3

Jungkook leans on the counter as he pulls a chair to sit opposite of his best friend, smirking when he catches him drifting into his thoughts

"New case?"

Sighin to himself, Taehyung quickly shakes his head lightly before turning to Jungkook as he sighs.

"These people are making this peaceful neighbourhood not safe anymore", he takes sip of his warm chocolate drink

"These people are making this peaceful neighbourhood not safe anymore", he takes sip of his warm chocolate drink. "We received a few reports of break ins this week. One of them is the jewelry shop just at the first street near the bus stop"

"Any witness?", Jungkook asked, sounding worried. "You're on the lookout, aren't you"?

Nodding, Taehyung twirls his chair and put both his arms on the table. "I need to ask around today. The workers here might have seen or heard anything. Any information would be useful at this point"

"Where is your partner? That tall dimpled guy. Damn, he should have been a model instead of an officer"

Taehyung gave Jungkook an eye roll earning a grin from him instead. He drums his fingers on the wooden table, thinking hard about his task for today. He needs to go around the shops, asking for any details about the recent cases that have been happening around neighbourhood. Break ins cases have been on the raise since last week, and the police are suspecting that it could be school kids causing a commotion. But, it could also be those robbers that are still on the loose.

"Tae, could this be your golden chance to finally go to that bookstore and talk to her?"

-

Nana was adjusting the volume of the speaker while setting the playlist for the bookstore as usual. She would sit at the corner of the counter every morning, adding new songs to be played in the store. Considering it's a bookstore, she would likely choose instrumental songs and sometimes, soft-pop songs and occasionally, those jazzy calming vibes kind of music.

Scrolling through the playlist, she clicked on one of her favourite songs.

Please Notice by Christian Leave