Chapter 25

MinJung twirls around again, checking her attire for the 100th time in front of the small mirror while Nana sits at the side, rolling her eyes.

"For the 100th time, you look great. Now will you please go? He is waiting outside and he might be rotting or something"

MinJung turns to Nana, both hands fanning herself trying to ease the sudden nervousness. She looks at Nana , blowing her cheeks over and over before turning to look at the mirror again. She made sure everything she has on is decent, not too fancy and not too casual. Something that is suitable for a date.

"I should go"

"Yes, you should. Don't worry about Haru. She is all set", Nana smirks watching her friend getting all nervous about her first date after so many years. "You look really beautiful"

"Are you sure you will be fine with Haru alone?"

"Oh, come one, this is Nana you're talking about", she pushes Minjung out to the door. "Now get out there and enjoy your date!"

MinJung carefully puts on her boots before taking another long breathe as she turns to the door. She feels so anxious about the whole going on a date with Namjoon thing and she couldn't believe herself. After all these years, she is finally giving herself another chance to go out on a proper date. She thought she could never again, but it seems like the universe has other plans.

She stares at the doorknob, one hand reaching for it as she contemplates about her decision. It's not too late to change her mind she thought. But, a part of her is curious on how this road may lead her. Why not give it a try and see herself?

Twisting the doorknob as she held her breathe, opening it slowly while tryinf her very best to look calm. Stood there is Detective Namjoon with his back to her, looking very much tall and definitely so good in that black long coat he has on. Namjoon turns around upon hearing the door open, his lips perking a very soft smile as he looks at Minjung.

 Namjoon turns around upon hearing the door open, his lips perking a very soft smile as he looks at Minjung

"Good Evening, you look beautiful"

"G-Good even—"

"GOOD EVENING DETECTIVE NAMJOON. WHAT A LOVELY SATURDAY IS IT NOT", Nana cuts in as she opens the door wider revealing herself waiting at the side. "You look great. Please take good care of my MinJung and bring her home by 11 p.m. or I will throw hands"

The soft smile on his face disappears at the sound of Nana's warning, making him gulp nervously.  He looks at MinJung, battling his eyelashes, watching as she pinches Nana's waist but then Nana did nothing except giving her a warning look.

"I will, don't worry about that. She is in safe hands"

Nana waves at Minjung, watching as Namjoon gently ushered her to his car, opening the door for her and closing it. He even turns to her once again, waving at her before finally getting into the car. As much as she feels heavy to let MinJung go out on a date, a part of her hopes that MinJung can at least live the live she deserves.