Chapter 44

"JK, you really did close the entire café for Detective Kim?", Jihyo takes another slow slurp of the hot spicy soup from her bowl. "Damn, he is really that romantic"

"He wanted it to be meaningful. So, the coffee shop is the best place. Well, that's where exactly he first saw her...so...that's why"

Jungkook watches as Jihyo finished her bowl of noodle soup, looking so contented with her meal

Jungkook watches as Jihyo finished her bowl of noodle soup, looking so contented with her meal. He is glad that she loves the menu he suggested her. He was extremely worried it wouldn't be to her liking, but then looking at her now, it's not a matter anymore.

"You know, when you that day when I asked you about the brown paper bag, I thought it was really you who likes her", she laughs at herself, adjusting her hair to the side with one hand. "But I had a strong feeling it was Detective Kim"

"It wasn't me. I just helped him put in on the post box on certain days when he is out of town for work. I thought I was careful enough, but I guess, it was meant for you to catch me that morning"

Jihyo smiles at him, her big doe eyes gleaming under the bright spotlight of the noodle shop and it made his heart beats so fast suddenly. He couldn't believe himself for getting nervous just by her smile. He really needs to control himself, avoiding himself getting panic and too excited while being around Jihyo.

No matter how many prep talk Taehyung has given him about confessing his feelings, he couldn't. No coherent thoughts are possible when she is around him and it stresses him. Jungkook is sure by now, she would at least get a glimpse of his overflooding feelings. All he needs to do is man up and tell her about his feelings.

But the thing is, would she feel the same towards him?

-

Detective Kim :

Have you changed it?🤨

Nana :

Changed...what...?

Detective Kim :

My name in your phoneee?👀

Nana :

I should change it? hmmmm🧐

Detective Kim :

I seeeeee

Nana :

What will I get if I change it?🥳

Detective Kim :

You'll get me😘

Nana had to scream into her pillow, not being able to hold in all those rushed emotions anymore.  Rolling on her bed, mumbling words to herself as she processes everything. Everything happened too fast, she couldn't get a proper grasp of the entire change yet.