Grey Hair Equates to Wisdom

Michael's Point of View

Have you ever noticed something about yourself that completely changed your perception of yourself. Like one day you look in the mirror and remember all the things you could've done, all the things you could've changed and thought how much of a fool you've been? That one little pimple on your adolescent forehead, brings on self down and shame. That one stretch mark makes you self conscious? Well I don't have stretch marks but you get my point. That one single grey hair invading my flowing hair, was making me cringe. I had no idea what to do. I knew I was getting older but damn. I mean turning thirty nine made me pretty old and everything but why was this happening. Jenny has to have something in here I can use. I was literally a hideous beast and I didn't know what to do.

"Why are you digging in my things?"

"Bella I've got a grey hair and I look horrific. What do I do?" She stared at me blankly, then erupted into laughter.

"You're not hideous because you have a grey hair. Its a sign of wisdom. I think it makes you look cute you big baby." She said while wiping her eyes. Maybe she was right. I was probably overreacting. I could just pull it out. I yanked it out.

"Michael why would you do that for every grey hair you pull out 40 grow back." Dear god, my ugly teenager stage is going to come back, I'll look like an old man. Jenny will leave me. I thought girls liked older guys.

"I was kidding. You know, you big dummy."

I couldn't help but roll my eyes. I had a couple hours to relax so I dressed in some sweatpants and wore my bracelet Leo made me that read 'Dad of the Year.' The beads didn't match and the the word year was spelled 'yera.' I couldnt care less. I wore it to work and around the house. I really love my kids.

"Finally a Saturday I can relax." Jenny said.

"I can't I have to go to the office." I tried to stay away from the office as much as possible, and worked from home. This time I couldn't get out of it. I threw on my suit and shined my shoes. Jenny came around and fixed my tie.

"You look great baby. Have fun at work" I kissed her passionately and grabbed her waist firmly. It's been eight years and she still manages to turn me on. "Go on you'll be late for work." She said while slapping my butt.

"Don't start something you can't finish Jenny." I made my way to the office only to have everyone waiting on me. I wasn't late everyone else was simply early. I sat through this wack ass meeting. I was barely paying attention. I had the assistant take notes for me to read from later. The meeting finally concluded and I dismissed everyone. I made my way to my office only to feel my phone buzz. It was a text from Jenny she always sent me naughty pictures whenever I went to work.

'Michael please come home I need help with your children'

I wrapped up my work and made my way home. It was dark and pretty creepy looking. The lights were turned on and everyone screamed a surprise. All the kids tackled me. "Happy Birthday Daddy." We ate cake and played games. Years ago my birthday would've consisted of me getting drunk and taking home someone. But now I was surrounded by my rugrats and my beautiful wife. By 11 everyone was asleep and I took a shower. Maybe growing old isn't so bad. A grey hair doesnt make that old, just wiser. I can't wait for what the next few decades would hold for me and my family. I exited the bathroom only to see a naked Jenny holding strawberries and whipped cream.

"Happy Birthday Daddy." Sweet baby Jesus. Getting old definitely wouldn't be that bad.

-----------------------------------

I really love writing in Michael's point of view. I hope you like it.  I just can't let them go!!!! Like.Never.Ever. 10,000 reads sweet baby Jesus. And to everyone reading the other two stories I'm having a bit of a brain fart/writers block. Anyone see my Princess Diaries reference? No? Ok.  This is awkward. So bye.

(November 25, 2014)