Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

Jenny’s Point of View

Michael and I were bombarded with flashing lights when you got out of the limo. Fortunately this event involved his legitimate job. I hated the paparazzi taking photos of me to I always let him have the spotlight and take a step back. He grabbed my hand and wrapped his hand around my waist. “Michael you know I hate this. Let me go back.”

“No Bella. I want everyone to know you mine, and you know how stunning you look tonight. So share this with me.” He kissed me on the forehead, and grabbed at my waist some more. Possessive Bastard. We finally made our way inside and I began to get an uneasy feeling again. It didn’t matter Michael said everything would be fine and I put my trust in him. Everyone stood when we entered and I could feel the single women shooting daggers at me, which I was accustomed to. We mingled for a while until Michael left to do some paperwork with a client. I made my way to get some food, since I’ve been so hungry lately. Until I was stopped by a sleazy looking man with one gold tooth, we’ll just call him Goldie for now.

“Hey Beautiful, wanna dance?” Goldie said, infecting my pores with his uncommonly hot breath.

“No I’m fine.” I said while trying to walk away from him. He grabbed my arm.

“I wouldn’t stay close to that husband of yours if I were you.” With that he left as swiftly as he came. I could feel my heart racing and I felt a panic attack coming on.

“You ok Jenny? You look kind of pale.” Michael asked me.

“No I’m fine. How could I look pale I’m black, stupid.” I said with a convincing smile.

“You know I hate it when you lie. That’s bad, and you know what happens to bad girls they get punished.” He said whispering in my ear. I couldn’t help but blush.

“Mikey there you are I got a favor to ask you!” Paulie said yelling so all of China could hear him.

Michael’s Point of View

“I’m going to go freshen up, I’ll be back” Jenny said while walking away. I tried to keep my eyes on her but it was hard in this sea of people. Paulie began going on and on about how he needed a $1000 dollars to treat his wife on his anniversary. I wasn’t really paying attention, I honestly wish I could kill this smelly bastard, but Dad would turn over in his grave. I handed Paulie the check and went back to my table only to see a manila folder addressed to me. It was photos of a dead John, with a note attached “James Abato.” I was so confused why would John have two names? I turned to the last page of the folder only to see a note.

“Guess you didn’t do that much research, you shot my twin. You’ve made this so easy for my Mikey.

-J

The only thing I could think about was Jenny on her own.

Jennifer’s Point of View

Paulie makes me so uncomfortable I knew I had to excuse myself. I went to the bathroom to freshen up my make-up. After I thought I looked appropriate enough I walked out into the empty hallway which was filled with people, five minutes ago. I felt a presence behind me, before I could turn around a cloth was put over my mouth.  I tried to hold my breath as long as I could but darkness took over me.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh!!!!!!! 
(October 29, 2014)