The Lost Chapter

Hey y'all this is a chapter I wrote a long time ago but was to scared to post. Don't ask me why. If you love Jenny and Michael as much as I do I suggest you do NOT read this. Because 1) you will be emotionally scarred 2) you will cry 3) you will hate me. I was talking with a family member and it made me want to add this. I didn't originally because it was too personal for me. But now that I got closure I'll share it with all of you! So without further ado. The Lost Chapter!

--------------------------------

Michael's Point of View

I regretfully shined my shoes, ironed my shirt, and got dressed. The circles under my eyes seemed to get darker. I looked in the mirror at the ghost I had become and walked downstairs to meet my family. All of my children, spouses and grandchildren were piled in my living room. I struggled to carry the box downstairs.

"Dad! Let me help you with that." Mikey looked up at me with piercing bloodshot eyes.

"I'm not that old Mikey." Although I was. "Is everyone ready?" We all piled up into the limos and made our way to the facility. We decided to have her funeral in the beautiful biology building that beared her name. When we walked inside everyone rose out of respect. We found our seat and began the funeral. All of the children gave their speeches and then it was my turn.

I walked past her casket. Her fingers gracefully interlocking into each other, her lips adorned with her $40 lipstick. The lips that I kissed daily were sewn shut. I used my cane to make it up the stairs.

"Hello, Everyone. I guess it's about that time." I took a deep breath and began. "They say a husband rarely outlives his wife. But I guess this time its a special case. When we first began I wasn't a good husband. I wasn't even that great of a man. I've had my fair share of sins. But she looked past everything and just saw me. She made me better, she made all of us better. Last week I lost the love of my life, and my best friend. This is the most painful experience. Jenny, was the most caring and giving person to ever grace this earth. And we were all blessed to have simply made her acquaintance. We were the blessed ones. She loved this family. Hell, she even loved me, which to this day I will never understand. But I am angry with you Jennifer. You left me alone. How dare you leave me? You promised. How dare you sit lifeless before me. You had too much left to do, too much left to see. But that's ok. You lived a life that some could only dream of and I was just fortunate to be apart of it. The doctors said she died of heart failure. I guesss she had too much love to give, it just couldn't hold out anymore." I felt the tears escape my eyes. This is the first time I have shed tears in a while. Reality was hitting me like a ton of bricks and I couldn't deal with it.

Her casket was closed and sealed and the boys carried her casket to the car. The burial was private, Jennifer never really like big crowds anyway. I placed the box full of the things she needed daily on her casket. And she was lowered down. I decided to not attend the repass, and just go home. Today was just too much for me to handle.

------------------------------
I am crying. Like real tears in my eyes y'all. I'm so sorry if y'all are hurt by this because I know for sure that I am. Wow this chapter was deep. What did y'all think?

(August 2, 2015)