Chapter 17

"And so they had to go down to the store to get some sanitary towels for me, God, it felt so embarrassing and the way they all stared at me so awkwardly? ugh," I was telling Lexi how the past few days had been while squeezing down some icing on my freshly baked cupcakes.

"Mmm-hmm," she hummed her  reply. It was obvious that she had completely zoned out on me.

"Okay what's wrong?" I asked, setting down the icing bag and turning my full attention to her.

"Huh?" she looked at me for the first since I started my story.

"You're obviously not paying attention to me, what's wrong?" I asked again.

She took a deep breath and exhaled.

"I'm sorry, I've just been really caught up in my own shit lately," she sighed.

"What's wrong?" honest concern beamed through my voice.

"Remember that date I told you about? yeah it never happened," she said, I could tell she was really sad.

"Oh my God, what happened?"

"I got stood up," she said and feigned a smile as if it was nothing.

"Son of a bitch!, how dare he?!" I was furious.

She shrugged and gave a sad smile that shattered my heart into pieces.

"I'm so sorry Lexi,"

"It's fine, I'm over it,"

Yeah, she was definitely not.

"Tell you what, tonight, I'm taking you out for a drink and we're gonna get high and whatever, at our favorite bar," I said, trying to brighten up the mood.

"Oh I don't know...."

"Shhh shh no backtalks, we're so doing it!" I said...

****

I clipped the last hair pin and tied my hair up in a messy bun. It was past eight in the night and Lexi and I were preparing to go hit the bar like I had promised. I was simply dressed in a mini denim skirt, white tank top and a blazer jacket with a pair of sandals. I brushed my lashes before grabbing my keys and heading downstairs.

"Lexi hurry!" I yelled from the hallway.

Lexi came strutting out a few minutes later, dressed in a short floral gown and a pair of sandals as well, simple yet absolutely stunning.

"Damn girl, who's got them sexy legs," I said.

"Speaking of sexy legs, look at you!" she laughed.

"One of us has to get laid tonight, and it has to be you!"

"I'm game bitch!" she winked, finally releasing the hoe in her. Now that's the Lexi I know and love.

*****

Few minutes later, we were at the bar, surrounded by booming music and neon lights accompanied with old style sofas with girls on it, making out and doing whatever with some dudes.
We took a seat at the bar table and in no distant time, the bar tender approached us to take our order.

"What can I get ya ladies," he winked and I gotta admit, he was so damn attractive.

"Vodka," Lexi replied and winked back at him.

The bar tender whom I believed to be named Nick as his name tag said,  returned with our drinks bout' a minute later.

Six shots and we were still unsatisfied and the only way we could get more drinks was if we fuck Nick for free drinks.