Chapter 13.

HOPE YOU'VE READ THE AUTHOR'S NOTE BEFORE THIS CHAPTER! IF YOU HAVEN'T, PLEASE DO!

"So you've been living with them for the past two weeks?" Cole asked, taking another bite from his apple after I had explained the whole thing to him.

Yes, he was back from his trip and I was so happy to see him again.

"Yes, hope you're not mad?" I bit my lower lip nervously.

He shrugged and shook his head.

"It was just to get the paparazzi and reporters off my shoulders and now they're gone for good, the gist is dead and now I can live my normal life once again and I'll try never to cross paths with the Houstons again" I explained.

"Promise?"

"I promise," I smiled at him.

He placed a kiss on my head before grabbing his car keys. "I'm off to work, need a ride to your store?"

"Yes, please, I'm not in the mood to drive anyway," I said grabbing my shoulder bag from the counter."

****

Work back at my art store had been really hectic seeing that I had a lot to get done. Customers had been blowing up my phone and a whole lot of orders were coming in by the day, although Lexi helped out big time, she was such a life saver and I was so happy to work with her.

"Hey you wanna see a movie tonight or something?" I asked Lexi.

"Um sorry but I have other plans" she smiled faintly.

"What other plans?"

"You know... kinda....involves a person," she blushed.

I dropped my kneading pin, "oh my God, you're going on a date!"

She nodded.

"Shut up! Who's this guy?" I inquired enthusiastically.

"Well we met on a site, a dating site".

"So it's like a blind date?" I asked the obvious.

She nodded.

I was so happy that she finally decided to move on after her ex boyfriend did what he did.

"What's his name?" I giggled.

"Kevin."

"Aww I'm so happy for you Lexi, hope you guys have a great time,"

"We sure will, he's really cool and nice and ....what the hell..." she stopped.

I looked at her with a small frown and noticed that her gaze was suddenly fixed behind me.

"What?" I turned around to meet a sexy ass  model figure standing at the door

Xavier. He was leaning against the entrance door with his arms folded and one leg crossed over the other. I hadn't seen him for the past few days and the way he stared at me with those mesmerizing eyes made my stomach do the usual back flip.

What the hell?!

"What the hell are you doing here?!" I asked.

"Woah is that a way to speak to a customer?" he smirked and started to walk towards me.

"We both know you're not here to order so what do you want?"

He smiled rather sexily and took a cupcake outta the pile of my freshly baked cupcakes and began to stuff it in his mouth.

"You're not allowed to do that!" I tried to sound as angry as possible.

"Do what?" he smiled again and licked the pink icing off his lower lip.

Oh honey, I could lick em off for you.

What?!

Who said that?!  Ew

I don't know what he was doing to me but I hated it.

Kinda.

"Xavier... "

"Okay fine, I actually just wanted to steal you for a couple of hours," he said.

"Why?" I asked.

"I.. I need you," he looked like that was the hardest thing he has ever had to say.

I could hear Lexi whisper, oh my God.

But seriously, oh my God, did I hear him right?

"What?" I froze.

"No No, that didn't come out right, I need your help," he stated again.

All the excitement in me flushed down the toilet.

"My help with what?" I said.

"Listen, are you gonna come with me or not?" Xavier was losing his patience and cussing silently.

You know what? Screw this.

"I'm not, I have way more important things to do," I said to him.

He muttered something under his breath and turned to walk away.

Call him back

Call him back!!

He was already out the door.

Oh well...

I turned back to Lexi and she was gaping at me with her jaw dropped to the floor.

"What just happened?" she finally said.

I shrugged.

"Xavier needed my help and I said No,"

"Aw sweetie that must have been really hard," she said.

"It wasn't," I said immediately.

It was..

Lexi just smiled at me.

Of course it was, I mean it's not everyday you turn down a smokey hot human especially not when the human is Xavier Houston. What if he needed my help for something so important?

I was trying to keep my distance from them but I couldn't understand why it was so hard. I mean they had been so kind to me, Jenna, Travis and even Jordan but I had gotten into enough trouble already and I couldn't keep ditching my work for them and Xavier was so arrogant and...

"Vee?" Lexi called loudly.

"Huh?"

"Did you hear me just now?" she asked

"Yeah, umm...no" I shook my head.

"I've been talking about how nervous I am for my date tonight," Lexi said.

"You're gonna be just fine sweetie, just let everything come off naturally," I smiled and patted her shoulder.

"I feel very faint and feeble, must be some slight headache coming on the way, can I take a few hours off and get some rest?" I asked.

"You're going to see the Houstons aren't you," Lexi was smiling sheepishly at me.

"Of course not, I mean no...I mean maybe.... yes" I stuttered as I ran to the door.

Lexi laughed loudly.

"Have a great time tonight, bye!" I dashed out of the store and the next thing I know, I'm boarding a freaking cab to their freaking house.

So much for staying away from them.

I'm such a clown.

Paint my nose red.

                     *******************

Hey guys, thanks for reading this weird chapter. I really don't know how I feel about this book I'm writing. I mean I don't even get votes and comments anymore and it is a bit discouraging.

Please vote and leave a comment, thanks! ❤✨