Chapter 11

For the past few days, Xavier and I have been getting into each other's hair. He was a complete pain in the behind and it made me really wonder why murder was illegal. Last night, I decided to bake cupcakes for everyone, mostly cause I was bored and Xavier turned everything into a cake-aster. It took me alot to get the flour and egg off my hair.

They were actually very fun people to live with unlike what I expected.

Thursday evening, I was all alone in that gigantic mansion, I know like seriously who would leave a stranger all alone in their house but they didn't seem to mind one bit.

I got my bored ass out of my room and decided to make myself useful. While walking through the hallway, something caught my attention. A shut door with a writing "Out of bound".

Well growing up, I never really adhered to instructions so why the hell would I start now? Ignoring the writing, I twisted the knob and walked in. Xavier.. Everywhere smelled of him.. His intoxicating manly cologne greeted my nostrils. Tons of musical instruments were on display, they were so neat and looked really expensive. If I accidentally broke any of these, I'd be in trouble. I laced my fingers slowly through the keyboard and smiled at myself.

"What are you doing here? Did you not see the instruction?" I heard Xavier ask, surprisingly, he wasn't yelling.

I turned slowly on the spot. He was leaning against the door with his hands in his pockets. That was weird. I expected him to look furious with hot steam probably gushing out of his ears.

"You guys are back," I said.

"No, it's just me, the others decided to crash some place else". he said.

"I'm sorry, I was really bored and lonely so I-"

"Okay," he cut me off.

"What?" I inquired with a small frown.

"I said Okay," he shrugged.

"You... you're not gonna yell or insult me or.."

"Nop" he said, popping the "P".

"Wow that's new," I smiled.

He stared in silence.

I cleared my throat, "Okay, sorry for intruding, I'm just gonna go,"

"Vee wait,"

I paused on my tracks.

"Can we talk?" he asked.

"Umm sure.... talk about what?" I asked.

He took a seat on the sofa and tapped the space beside him for me to sit.

I sat and crossed my legs before uncrossing them seconds later.

He made me so uncomfortable.

"I just want to ask about your nightmares, but it's okay if you don't want to.."

"It's fine," I nodded in agreement.

"Do you always have those nightmares?" he asked.

"Yes, but they're not just nightmares, they kinda happened real life." I said.

He frowned.

"That other night, I heard you mention your dad and Ven, who's Ven?"

"I.. I had another brother, he was my twin, Vendetta, he was murdered and so was my dad." I faced the ceiling to keep the tears from falling down my cheek.

"I'm really sorry, you don't really have to tell me if its making you cry," Xavier said, and I swear I've never heard him speak with so much concern.

"Years ago, when I was ten, we were robbed.... they actually wanted my dad but he wasn't home yet so they tortured me, my mum and my other siblings, they called my dad and threatened to kill us if he didn't return soon. When dad came back, they hit him until he bled. I didn't know what he did wrong and I couldn't do anything. My twin, Ven, probably couldn't stand watching them hurt my dad so he hit one of the guys on the eye with a lamp and then they... they shot him, out of anger. Mum screamed and as dad tried to react, they shot him too right on the forehead.
Right before me, my mum and two other siblings, my dad and twin was shot dead." I was in tears already.

"Until today, those sad memories keep coming and coming and..." I sobbed.

"I'm really sorry, would you remember those robbers if you ever saw them again?"

"I don't think so.. Ven's murderer bled so bad from his left eye, he probably has a scar but I don't know."

Xavier stood and squatted in front of me so we could be face to face with each other. His thumb wiped my cheek and my skin heated up at his touch.

"I'm really sorry Vee, I didn't mean to take you on a sappy walk down that memory lane," he said.

"It's fine, it's all in the past anyway," I forced a smile.

He smiled back and there goes my stomach, doing its usual back flip. The dimples on his cheek were gradually taking my breath away.

His eyes studied my face and inevitably rested on my lips. No I can't let that happen again.

"Xavier?" I called.

"Hmm?" he answered, his eyes still on my lips.

My heart raced unhealthily inside my chest.

"Yo Xavier why the hell is Vee's food still untouched, I thought you-" Jordan stopped on his tracks when he saw Xavier and I.

Xavier immediately distanced himself and it was then I realized how close we actually were.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt anything," Jordan stuttered.

"You guys are back," Xavier said.

"You brought me food?" I asked Xavier.

"Yes, I kinda forgot to tell you," he scratched the back of his head.

For some reason, it was always cute when he did that.

I smiled. "That's really sweet, thanks"

"Hey umm Vee? Marcus said the pictures are off the internet, so you're free." Jordan said.

"Really? Wow thanks!" I gave him a bear hug.

"You're welcome," He stared down at me with a cute smile on his lips.

Xavier cleared his throat, "Okay yeah, you should probably come eat something,"

He practically held my hand and we walked out of the room together.

***************************************

Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment as usual 😊❤