Chapter 1

Gasp

Gunshot, a scream erupts from my throat as I took a few steps backwards. Blood. Tears ran down my cheek uncontrollably.

Gasp

Lifeless bodies being carried away. I tried to breathe but my lungs seemed to be tightened. Nooooo

Gasp.

I jolt awake as my eyes flutter wide open. Fuck! those nightmares, they keep coming, over and over again. The morning light streaked through my slightly opened windows, giving my bedroom a perfect view. My alarm was still ringing and instead of turning it off, I hit the evil thing off my bedstand making it land on the floor and I don't give a fuck if it's spoilt or not.

I forced myself out of the bed, which is probably the hardest thing on earth. Slipping into my purple bathrobe, I got my lazy butt into the bathroom for a shower.

Okay, let's get a proper intro. My name is Venus, short form - Vee. I'm a 19 year old dark-haired girl with hazel eyes and I work at Vee's bakery. Yes, I'm a baker, I bake and that's all.

After my "not so enjoyable" shower, I dressed into something simple and made my way downstairs only to meet my blue eyed sister, Melissa, making......toasts?. Her son, Julian, who was probably the most adorable three-year old I've ever seen was sitting on the table across from his mother. He was simply dressed in a blue polo that genuinely matched his eyes, his hair was neatly brushed and gelled, adding to his cuteness.

"Hi auntie Vee," he beamed his cutest smile.

"Aww," I lifted him up from the table and pecked his cheek. As much as I hate it when he calls me "auntie" when I'm only nineteen, I really can't do anything about it.

"How are you doing little one?" I tickled his sides, making him giggle loudly.

Did I mention he was so adorable?

"Hi Melissa," I waved at my sister.

Melissa was only 24 but she was happily married and had Julian.

"Morning Vee, I made toasts," she said, handing me a plate of hot toasts.

"Mhmm, smells nice...thanks," I smiled.

"So the plane is gonna take off this evening and I'm gonna need you to drive us to the airport, can you?" Melissa asked before taking a bite.

Melissa and her husband weren't staying in Texas like I was, they stayed at L.A same place our mum stayed.

"Of course I can," I nodded.

"Thanks," she smiled.

"Hey folks," Cole, my immediate older brother walked in. He was shirtless and his hair was utterly disheveled. He had dark hair and was really handsome. He was only 21 and worked as an auto mechanic and still earned a really comfortable profit.

"Morning!" I said.

"Uncle Pole!" Julian yelled enthusiastically, making Melissa and I chuckle. He was having serious issues pronouncing Cole's name correctly.

"Hey big guy!" Cole lifted him up, so high his head almost touched the ceiling.

"Careful not to hit his head," Melissa warned.

"I'm starving, what's for breakfast?" Cole asked after pecking my head.

"Toasts,"

My cellphone beeped, signalling me late for work.

"Shit! Shit!" I cussed.

"Language!" Melissa said, looking over at her son.

"I'm so sorry, I'm just really late for-" I was interrupted by my phone ringing. An image of my best friend, Lexi, popped on the screen.