Chapter 12

"I really wish you could stay with us a little longer," Jenna pouted as she clipped the last bobby pin on my hair. She's been treating me like her little sister lately, weird? I know right.

"Me too Jen, but I've got work to do," I replied, shocking myself with the thought of wanting to stay longer.

"Or you could just ditch work and stay with us longer," a male voice said from behind us. Jenna and I turned simultaneously to meet a smoky hot Xavier leaning against my door, he had both hands dipped in his side pockets with one leg crossed over the other.

Hottie.

Get outta my head!

"That's not really an option, Xavier" I said with a half smile.

"You ready to go?" he asked, ignoring the warm smile I gave him.

"Yep, thanks Jenna, for letting me stay here," I gave her a brief hug.

"Oh don't mention," she scoffed, "Do come visit, you know you're welcome anytime"

I smiled and nodded slowly.

"We don't have all day," Xavier groaned.

What's up with him?

I rolled my eyes and reached out for my bag but Xavier stopped me.

"I'll get that,".

                                      ****

The ride back to my house was short and quiet as expected and I was actually quite thankful for it. I wasn't ready for some jibber jabber with him.

"Well thanks for the ride Xavier," I said for the first time since our ride back to my house.

"I'm coming in with you," he said calmly and with that soothing voice, why does he have to be so charming and...

Wait what?!

"What? why?" I inquired with a small frown on my face.

"Is there a problem?" he cocked a brow.

"Well no but-"

"Then I'm coming in," he cut me off and began to exit the car.

I gave in.

We walked into the house and I discovered that everything was exactly the way I had left it.

"Seems like Cole hasn't returned from his trip yet," I muttered to myself.

"Who the hell is Cole?" Xav asked wiping off the dust on the counter with his index finger.

I rolled my eyes, "My brother."

"You stay with your brother?" he scoffed, making it sound somewhat embarrassing.

"You stay with your sister too, what's your point?" I shot back.

"Correction, my sister stays with me," he argued back before plunking himself down on the sofa and stacking his feet on my centre table, again.

I didn't have the energy to argue with him so I just let him have it.

"So what do I offer my visitor?" my hands rested on my hip.

"Brandy," he replied simply.

Huh?

I cocked a brow.

"What's the matter?" he inquired with a small smirk.

"Uhh nothing just... give me a sec," I left the living room and returned with a bottle of brandy and two glasses.