Chapter 10

Xaviers's POV

A charged silence filled the room as I watched her carefully, sweat dripping down her face, she looked really terrified, I wonder what the nightmare was about. I wrapped my arms around her tiny body with the intention of making her feel safe.

"Wanna talk about it?" I asked as softly as I could.

"No," she shook her head.

"It's okay," I ran a hand through her soft hair continuously and watched as she drifted into slumber in a couple of minutes.

I was determined to stay with her for the rest of the night but on a second thought, I realized it would be really awkward if she woke up the next morning and found me sleeping beside her, so instead, I covered her up with the duvet and took my leave.

Vee's POV

The following morning, I made my way downstairs, hoping I wasn't the first to wake up and fortunately I heard voices, they were all awake and seemed to be talking randomly... or arguing.

"It's her decision!" I heard Jordan say.

"It doesn't have to be done," ...that sounded like Xavier.

Were they talking about me?

"Hey guys," I greeted and they looked at me simultaneously.

This is the point where I wanted the ground to swallow me so bad.

"You're awake!" Jenna pulled me close for a hug, "What would you like for breakfast?"

"Umm-" I started.

"Hey I heard about last night, hope you're okay?" Travis asked.

I nodded, "I'm good, thanks".

"Hey Vee, I spoke to my friend Marcus about the pictures on the social media, he said he'll work on having it taken down." Jordan said, handing me a mug of hot coffee.

"Thanks a lot Jordan, that's so sweet of you, " I said, before taking a sip.

"Why the hell do you want the pictures taken down?" Xavier asked to my utmost surprise.

"B.. Because it's not supposed to be there, I mean whatever happened was an accident, never to repeat itself," I replied, not being cautious of the words that left my mouth..

His lips tugged up in an evil smirk "Whatever," and with that, he walked away.

"I'll be heading home now, see y'all in the evening." Jordan said and grabbed his jacket.

"He doesn't live here?" I asked Jenna.

"Nah not really," She replied.

"Oh okay,"

"Hey can I ask you a question?" Jenna said.

"Of course,"

"Do you like my brother?"

And the next thing I know, I'm choking on my coffee.

"What?...pfftt... no... of course not, why would you think that?" I asked.

"He said you kissed him back," she smiled.

Oh so Xavier was a chatterbox.

Gee, I should've known.

"Umm-" I was speechless.

"Come on! If you didn't like him, when he kissed you, you would've have stopped him or even slapped him-"

"I was thrown off guard okay? And I couldn't just slap him considering his status," I shrugged.

"His status doesn't matter," she said with a chuckle.

She was right but I had to defend myself.

"Listen I don't know what's going through your mind right now but whatever it is, you're wrong." I smiled at her.

"Oh come on, he's a hot stuff," she winked making me laugh.

"Are you girls talking about me?" Xavier walked in and leaned against the wall, dipping his hands in his pockets and crossing one leg over the other.

He was wearing a black hoodie and black jeans, simple and gorgeous.

"No," Jenna said.

"Of course not," I added.

"Well I heard hot stuff, and I assumed it was me... Vee said that, didn't she?" he smirked.

This asshole!

"I understand how hard you fought the urge to touch my abs last night darling but don't worry, you have the permission to do so whenever you're lucky enough to see them," he winked at me.

Jenna's mouth formed an "O"

This was so embarrassing!

How on earth did he know?

I bit my lip trying to hold back the smile that was about to ruin my entire life.

"You're insane," I said.

"Says the girl whose cheeks are already crimson red," he grinned making my stomach do a back flip.

My hands went to my cheek.

I just keep embarrassing myself.

Jenna was already laughing her ass out.

I glared at Xavier, trying to make him see that I was getting frustrated, but instead  he blew me a kiss.

"Okay that's it, I'm outta here," I stood up from the kitchen stool.

His laughter echoed in the kitchen.

"Can't stand drooling over God's breathtakingly gorgeous creation?" he said, clearly referring to himself.

Narcissist much?

I rolled my eyes and started to walk away but the narcissistic jerk blocked my way.

"Move!"

His lips tugged up again, forming that charming smile.

"Move!!" I hit his chest.

"Feisty?"

"God dammit Xavier move or so help me God I will kick your balls!" I said again.

He chuckled.

What the hell?! How is he not moved by my threat?

"Xavier..." Jenna called in warning.

He stepped aside.

"Asshole,"

"Catch you later princess,"

And so I gave him my middle finger.

He touched his chest dramatically. "You wound my heart, babe."

Babe??

"Don't ever call me that," I warned.

"Call you what? Babe?" he smiled again.

Oh sweet Jesus, the boy was handsome.

If he smiles one more time, I think I'm gonna pass out.

Get it together Vee...

"Screw that, I totally ship you two!" Jenna said with a full grin.

I gagged dramatically and started walking away.

"This is going to be so much fun," I heard Jenna say again.

*****************************************

Finally, an update! 😪

Short chapter?... I know 😥

But hey 😁at least I updated, don't forget to comment, vote and share 😁😊😊❤

Thanks for reading!! 😍

Update is on the way🚗, it just kinda got stuck in a traffic 🚥 😂

Byeeee