Chapter 15

Next day.

11:45am.

While munching down a bowl of ramen, I scrolled through my contact list on my phone trying to contact Lexi and ask about her date last night when I came across an unfamiliar contact with the name, Breathtakingly Hot Xavier.

What in the world...

I rolled my eyes so hard, I'm sure if I did it one more time I may roll them out of their sockets.

How did he even get his number there anyway?

My thoughts were immediately shoved aside when a really hung over Cole dragged his way into the kitchen. He was running his hand repeatedly through his hair, his eyes were heavy and he still smelled of alcohol.

"Tylenol..." he trailed off, pointing at the cupboard next to me.

I brought him the meds and a glass of water which he took in two gulps.

"I made ramen in case you're hungry," I said with a small smile.

Despite the fact that my brother was a cocky motherfucker who drinks and sleeps around a few times, I still loved him. At least the one thing I'm sure he would never joke with was me and his work.

Well, me first.

"Where were you last night?" his voice was hoarse, hidden with so much rage. He probably already knew where I was and who I was with and I knew what was coming for me.

I gulped as his eyes landed on me for the first time since he walked in.

"At Xavier's" I stood from the kitchen stool and headed towards the sink trying to prevent his burning gaze.

"Why?" he asked and I noticed his voice getting hard in anger.

I turned to look at him and remained silent.

Cause I'm a clown? duh

"You promised!" Cole yelled, digging his fingers into his already disheveled hair in frustration.

"I know but he just needed my help and I couldn't just say no after all they've done for me," I defended.

He was angry at the fact that I was at the Houston's again.

Well, no shit.

"Are you even listening to yourself Vee? what the hell sis? am I sensing some sort of ridiculous attraction to Xavier Houston from you?"

"What?! No, we're just friends," I retorted sternly.

"So now he's your friend?" I cringed at the scent of alcohol that met my nostrils.

I was silent.

"Fuck Vee I don't want you hanging out with them!"

"You don't get to tell me who to hang out with," I practically snapped.

"Yes I do, you're too young to get involved with all that fame,"

"They're human beings too you know, just because they're famous doesn't make them any different,"

"You didn't even fucking tell me you were going to see the bastard!"

"Oh like you told me you were going to get laid and drunk? nice going! and he's not a bastard" I defended.

We were really yelling at each other.

"Don't you dare turn this around Vee," he retaliated.

"I'm not doing this with you right now, who knows if you're still drunk," I picked my phone from the kitchen counter and began to make my way out.