Chapter 52 - Going Home

The Land Between Realms

There was no time in the barren white land, only hordes upon hordes of monsters for her to kill. Yu Zhu didn't know how long she had been fighting, only that had she been her old self she would have collapsed long before now. It felt as if she'd been fight for years, her hands were becoming numb.

She had killed enough to make a mountain, and every time the grotesque monsters died, she could feel their cleansed souls leave the world. She was getting tired, if she didn't find a way to rest, she would be consumed.

A spell jumped in her mind, barriers. she realized as she took another swipe, her thousands of swords forcing the hordes back a step. She closed her eyes, and gripped her magic in her mind. Crystal lights appeared in the air and came together, encircling the girl in a wide circle. It grew larger and larger, with strange markings on each piece of the barrier, Yu Zhu frowned and could swear that her barrier looked like a tortoise shell.   Yu Zhu shook her head and knelt down, her legs no longer supporting her. Yu Zhu knew that she couldn't holding the swords spell and the strange barrier spell at the same time, not after all these days of fighting. Carefully, she gestured to the swords, they entered her barrier.

The black masses of creatures came at the white barrier, their heads viciously butting the white shield. Everywhere they touched, they howled in pain, some turned into white ash in an instant. Yu Zhu let out a sigh of relief, and sat to mediate. She searched her mind and grinned, it took her a few moments but in a flash a cup of water appeared in her hands. Nu Wa had told her that she now had the power and knowledge to pull objects from other places as long as it was in the same realm she was in.  She sipped, it was clear and sweet. Even if she didn't need sustenance now, in this new body, the cool liquid still provided her with some feeling of being real.

Yu Zhu closed her eyes, she looked as if she was sleeping but in reality she was searching furiously for a way to tell Lin Yu that she was alright. The hordes of monsters rushed at her barrier, covering the white light until they engulfed the barrier, howling at their frustration that they couldn't get in.

Yu Zhu clenched her fists, annoyed at the interruption.  She thought carefully and began to speak three other spells, her hands making the movements of the spells. She said them slowly, loudly, afraid that she would get it wrong and the barrier would shatter. In a flash the clamoring sounds ceased and the hordes were thrown off the barrier with a strong pulse. They got up, disoriented and looked around. Yu Zhu watched curiously, she wasn't strong enough to kill them, but perhaps her spell was strong enough to hide her presence.

The closest shadow monsters sniffed the air, and frowned, they looked at each other and searched, some of them inches from her barrier. After a long while, they seemed to give up and without a sound, the massive armies of black shadows retreated, howling in anger and confusion.

Yu Zhu smiled triumphantly and closed her eyes again. She would find a way to tell Lin Yu, and then she would kill all of these pesky monsters so that she could go home. The shell barrier spell came from a curious book, Yu Zhu's lips curved in a small smile, Tortoise barrier, Lightning Dragon Claws, Ice Pheonix Tears, and, Snake God Venom,  Tiger Fire. These were spells from legends, only creation gods were able to master them, she would learn them all.

Yu Zhu searched her mind for a moment more, when she opened her eyes they shown with white fire, she looked at the sky. There, five miles above, was a tiny black dot. That must be the small crack that she had been pulled from one realm to the other.

Yu Zhu thought for a moment, even if she wanted to she didn't think she had the strength and skill to fly through the crack without endangering the barrier. Yu Zhu looked at the barrier, she looked around and at herself, she pulled at her ear and felt a small, hard object. Yu Zhu pulled off a small, pink earring. With a grin she infused the earring with her magic, spoke a spell and watch the earring soar towards the black dot, in a moment it was gone. It was such a tiny bit of magic, no one would notice it except the reciever.