Chapter 62 - Good Intentions

*Music by TaiGekTou

A woman stood on the edge of the cliff, her white robes dancing in the winds. She looked off into the distance at the vast city of Yue that sprawled out in front of her. At the center was a palace that outshone everything else with its gleaming golden roofs and red walls.

"Home." A man walked up to stand beside her, Zhuo Hao surveyed the sights, the emotions hidden in his dark eyes. How long ago has it been since he last came back? When his mother died he made vow that he would never return, but now he was prepared to take back the kingdom.

Yu Zhu gazed down, it reminded her of a hazy memory of long ago, where a girl ran, dancing down a corridor, her father laughing as hapless servants chased after her. 

A hand reached over and held hers. Lin Yu came over and stood beside her, "You look like you've seen a ghost."

Yu Zhu shook her head, "No, I was just thinking of foolish things." She turned to the alcove of trees, "Your men are here."

"Master Zhuo Hao" A dark shadow flitted down from the sky, "Everything has been prepared for your arrival." A masked man knelt in front of the three, and addressed Zhuo Hao with respectful obedience.

Zhuo Hao nodded, "And our troops?"

"They await your orders." The masked man replied. Zhuo Hao waved a hand and the masked man melted back into the shadows.

"Once it's dark, we'll head into the city." Zhuo Hao told the two women, "In two days Hua Er will be marrying my brother. Her coronation will take place then. We strike the day after."

Yu Zhu turned around, "Very well." And walked away.

Lin Yu wanted to go after her but Zhuo Hao grabbed her wrist. She turned around with a questioning look in her eyes. Zhuo Hao blushed and let go very quickly.

"I...uh..." Zhuo Hao said, his face red, he cleared his throat but choked on his spit and started coughing.

Lin Yu couldn't help but grin, "It's a good think your men's left. We've got to protect that image of yours"

Zhuo Hao cleared his throat, "I wanted to ask you a question." When he didn't hear a reply, he continued, "Lin Yu, you know how I feel about you... and if our crazy plan works...I want to make you my Empress." He took her hand, "I will give you the world and anything you ever want in this life."

He took a step closer, "The moment you saved my life, I was yours. I thought this world had nothing left for me. I was a worthless and useless prince, but you gave me hope. In each of your smiles, laughs, curses, I found strength to go on. I never wanted a kingdom, I couldn't care less who was emperor. But if you were my Empress, I would protect you and everything we build. You are the reason for why I fight for this crown. Give me your hand, and I will give you all that I am and will be until my last breathe."  He leaned in, "Say yes. Please?" 

"Oh." Lin Yu blinked, she withdrew her hand, "I...uhh..." She looked bewildered, "Zhuo Hao, I----"

Zhuo Hao continued quickly, "Take your time. Think it over? Don't answer me now." With that he rushed a way, the light in his eyes slightly diminishing. Lin Yu put her hands to her warm face and took a deep breath.

"How sweet." A cool voice sneered, "But does he know the price of marrying a demon?"

Lin Yu turned around quickly, "Huang Wu." He leaned against a tree, a derisive smirk on his face, "Have you told him what you are?" 

His dark robes brought out the darkness of his magnetic eyes, he walked closer to her.

"He knows." Lin Yu said with equal coolness, "I don't think he cares." She frowned, "Why are you listening in anyways? You've avoided me this entire trip like I had the plague."