Chapter Twelve

Chapter 12:

Have you ever had that feeling, where you felt like nothing could surprise you?

After receiving that text from Louis, heartbroken as I was, I made a decision that nothing can affect me anymore. It’s all about Me, Grandpa, Ciara and making them happy. Everything comes second to that- no matter what.

So when I opened my door this morning, and addressed the fresh but cold morning air and a clear sky- I did not expect Louis Tomlinson’s unwelcome face to be ruining the view. I stepped back and slammed the door- hard,

‘Char please.’ He started banging his hand against the door. ‘Just listen to me.’

‘Are you serious?’

‘I…’

‘You have the nerve to come here and demand that I listen to you after what you said me last night.’

‘I’m sorry.’

‘No Louis, just fuck off.’ By now my fists were clenched,

‘I’m not leaving until you listen to me.’

‘Well then, could you maybe move out of the way of the door, I actually need to go to work.’

‘No.’

‘What do mean no.’

‘Not until you listen to me.’ Desperation was showing in his voice now. I thought for a moment: he seemed pretty adamant that he was not going to leave until I listen to what he has to say- and I really dis need to get to work. It’s such a cruel world.

‘Walk and talk cause I’m in a rush.’  I said, opening the door and stepping out.

He didn’t start straight away, our steps and breathing the only sounds. I looked over and it became obvious that he was taking his time- whether he was being sensible and thinking things through before he started trying to justify his actions or he was just hanging it out so that he could antagonise me further I didn’t know.

‘I’m sorry.’

‘Well, that’s a start.’

‘I was drunk.’

‘Don’t you dare use that as an excuse’

‘I...I...’

‘Is that all you have to say?’ We were nearing the arena by now and I turned to face him.

‘I just want to say I am so sorry, for everything.’ He was silent again- I turned my head to the ground and then a finger lifted my chin, forcing me to look at him.

‘I was jealous and stupid and shocked and distraught and stupid.’ He offered a smile but it wasn’t enough.

‘I know Louis, but how do I know it won’t happen again. That you’re not just saying this to get in my pants.’ Which is not happening- I added under my breath.

‘I swear on my career, my family, my life it will not happen again. I will not risk losing you again Char Edwards.’ I was shocked by his statement. I know how much the boys and the fans mean to him and it seems ludicrous that he would swear on the band and everything they had achieved, and then there’s his family. Was I to believe him? I think I do,

‘That’s silly Louis, don’t say that because it’s not true and I’m not worth that.’

‘Of course you are.’

‘No Louis. Don’t you dare say that ever again. And it’s not good enough anyway.’

‘What’s not good enough?’ he looked puzzled,