Chapter Two

Chapter 2:

Knock…knock…knock…

I paused before focusing in on the sounds coming from inside. The usual, expected sounds could be heard: Music, laughter, a few snippets of information, possibly the sounds of someone eating, and suddenly the sounds of the door being flung open- it revealed a curly haired, green eyed boy bearing nothing but boxers. My eyes widened and mirrored his as he slammed the door in my face. I just sort of stood there- dumbfounded, did he just? ... Of course I had to catch just a little glimpse of his perfect abs; this really wasn’t helping with my trance.

A few moments later the door was opened again. This time it revealed a fully clothed blond man. He gave me an apologetic smile,

‘Sorry about that, we thought it was going to be Paul.’ His Irish accent caught me off guard; I never imagined it to be that cute. Come on Char- don’t fangirl for god’s sake.

‘Paul?’

‘Our body guard- so you must be Charlotte. Laura said you’d be down.’ He smiled again to reveal a set of crooked teeth; this boy just seemed to scream cuteness- of course he did, he’s Niall the leprechaun.

‘It’s actually Charlotta, but please, call me Char.’ I said  ‘I’m going to be covering for Laura tonight as stage manager and I just needed to run through a few things before the show. Do you think I could come in?’

‘Liam?’ He shouted.

‘Yes’ came the reply,

‘Is he decent?’

‘Yep, all clear’

‘Come on in’ He said whilst opening the door wider and stepping to the side. I gasped- I had only been down to the dressing rooms once- and that was to bring someone a sandwich, I had only caught a little glimpse of the interior of one of these things. It was one huge room, with a couple of doors leading from it- no doubt leading to bathrooms and wardrobes. Over in one corner was a huge table laden with food and drink. A floor to ceiling fridge stood next to it in a kind of mini kitchen- complete with a lavish sink and microwave. The rest of the room (which must measure at least 13 metres across) was filled with big, squishy looking sofas, all facing the wall on which a projector was shining. Underneath the image were all the latest games consoles and other software’s. Dotted around the edge of the room were little tables all holding things like make-up and hair styling stuff, above them on the walls, hung a few pieces of art- expensive looking art as well. I hand waving in front of my face suddenly alerted me to the fact that I had been staring gobsmacked at the room for longer than I thought.

‘You alright love?’ The same voice that had replied to the blond one asked, Liam. I mean I could’ve recognised him anyway.

‘I just… Wow.’ I gasped,

‘Never been in one before?’ Harry said, thankfully now fully clothed,

‘Nope, it’s not my usual job. I’m just covering tonight.’

‘Yeah, Laura said. Listen I’m sorry about that, I thought it was…’

‘Paul? Niall said. Don’t worry about it.’ I giggled awkwardly.

‘So you like what you saw?’ He wiggles his eyebrows as I raised mine.

‘Harry, you’ll scare her away. We only just met her.’ Liam reprimanded, he pointed to a sofa, ‘Take a seat Char, do you want a drink?’

‘Could I get a diet coke?’ I asked as I sat down, the four of them did the same after Liam handed me my drink. ‘Thanks, ummm where’s Louis?’