Chapter Sixteen

Chapter 16:

Louis’ POV

I felt so helpless…

Seeing Char like this, so weak and vulnerable, curled up on my lap with tears streaming down her face, making permanent grooves- or that’s what it looked like. All I could do was book the private jet to take us back, sprint with her to get on it and wait; wait what seemed like days for any sign of us getting close to being there.

Char fell quiet about 2 hours into the flight, but the tears kept falling- leaving a huge puddle on my knee from where she was resting her head. Another hour later and even her sniffles had gone quiet: a sign that she had finally cried herself to sleep. I managed to dose for a bit but to no avail, the rumble of the engines and the churning of my anxious stomach didn’t help the fact that I never find it easy to sleep on a plane anyway. I didn’t need the sleep- but I envied the fact that it probably put Char out of her misery for a while, despite the comfort it brought me to think that she wasn’t suffering for now…

We were about half way through the flight when she started murmuring, at first I couldn’t make out what she was saying, but then she suddenly got louder and more frantic.

‘Stop, no Lou, don’t.’

Her fingers clenched up tight, turning her knuckles white.

‘You’re all; I have, just no, no, no.’

‘Char, baby, its ok calm down.’ I whispered lightly,

‘Don’t leave me; I’ll die if you do.’

I shook her gently, becoming worried now: ‘Char! Wake up.’

Suddenly the tears started falling again, her breathing became heavy,

‘Char, come one- it’s fine I’m here.’ I wound my arms under her back and picked her up, grasping her closer to me.

‘Louis…’ she was awake,

‘Finally.’ I let out a breath I didn’t know I had been holding. ‘Took you a while.’

‘Don’t leave me.’

‘Where’s this come from?’ I questioned, still worried,

‘My dream, you were gone and I can’t live…’ Her body started racking with sobs,

‘Shh, I won’t be leaving until you tell me to leave. I can promise you that, and even then I will fight for you.’ I said with a small smile, disturbed by even the thought of it.

‘Thank you Louis.’

‘For what?’

‘Everything, I still wouldn’t be surprised you know.’

‘For fucks sake Char…’

‘But…’ She interrupted, ‘I don’t think you will.’

‘Good. Quite frankly, I don’t deserve you.’

‘Not sure I’ll ever be letting go of you though, so I’d drop that idea right now.’ She giggled embarrassedly and adorably,

We sat in a comfortable-ish silence for a while; I was drinking some water when suddenly she perked up again,

‘Did you know you were my first?’ and the drink flew from my mouth, across the aisle,

‘What? Why didn’t you tell me?’

‘I was embarrassed,’ she blushed,

‘I wish you had told me, I could’ve made it at least a bit romantic and special, I am so sorry.’

So that argument lasted a while, but I just couldn’t get over it. She had given me something so precious, so important and hadn’t even planned on telling me- ever. Could I love this beautiful girl anymore? I don’t think so. She was the one- I could feel it.

‘Louis, I’m scared.’

‘I know sweetheart.

‘What if he doesn’t make it?’ I sigh,

‘I’m not gonna make any promises that he’ll be okay, because it isn’t looking good, but I promise we’ll be okay. We’re going to get through this Char. I’m not going anywhere.’

A lifetime later and we were finally descending towards the run-way, sprinting through the terminal towards the taxi bay and speeding towards the hospital.

We ran together, hand in hand, to his room. And then we stood together, hand in hand as Char received the news that we didn’t want to hear.

And then we sat together, hand in hand…

…waiting…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey, guys, cute chapter, short chapter but i just wanted a bit of a filler between this and the next- it might not be up for a while cause I have GCSE assessments coming up and orchestra- yes I'm a nerd. But I get to see Ed!!!!!!!!

Keep voting and reading, but please comment? and maybe tell people about it? beacuse i think my reads are falling and I won't know why unless people tell me why they're stopping reading it or if that's happening.

love you all lots xxxxx