Chapter TwentyOne

Chapter 21:

And that’s my story, the story of how I met the boy of my dreams but had to let him go. Pretty tragic really (and soppy and cliché). Why do I feel the need to tell you? Because I just do, and I wanted to write it down before I forget. I wrote it down before the next part of the story started; I wasn’t counting on it happening at all.

I suppose you want to know how I am. Well not too good I suppose. I have gotten over him, I promise you I have, but I can’t stand to hear about them at all: I tend to go silent and stay silent for a while at the mention of them. My new friends and colleagues have learnt now not to ask. Of course they know what happened roughly, you only have to Google my name for it to come up straight away. That’s the worse part: the press. I had to have security escort me through the airport when I first arrived after word got out of my flight details. The hotel we stayed in whilst we waited for our furniture was almost constantly surrounded by them, trying to get a picture or just one word out of me. Some fans turned up to, hurling abuse at me every time I arrived and left for: ‘breaking their boo-bears heart’. It was sick really, and when one day an egg was thrown at me (missing luckily) I flipped, I went off on one ranting; I broke down then and there in front of hundreds of people. It helped I suppose, people tended to leave me alone mostly. Numbers used to fluctuate between no-one and loads again (even after we finally moved into our flat- which they found). Ciara: who was still following the boys and their progress, told me there was a pattern. They tended to focus on me more when Louis did something strange or reacted to question about me in an interview. She was also still in contact with all of them (apart from Louis) and told them about this so interviewers were now told to avoid the subject. That was the first breakdown: afterwards I vowed to never let it happen again, and it didn’t for a long time.

I expect you want details as well, about my life now. 11 months later and I’m as happy as is possible. We’ve settled in our new life on 5th avenue: 955 to be precise. Madison square gardens is about a 20 minute taxi ride up the road and a 45 minute walk (30 at a run). I’ve become a stereotypical working city woman, with my daily morning runs through central park (which we overlook) and my skinny mocha with vanilla syrup waiting in my office when I get there. The flat itself is very nice, with a very modern layout and quite futuristic furniture although I preferred our rather ‘shabby chic’ old flat with its fancy ornate mirrors, polka dot furnishings and a lot of cream. At first it was all black and white, with shiny marble everywhere and plastic. But I got straight onto changing it by painting and then adding our furniture once it arrived. It’s nice to have just a little bit of England here. The flat is even bigger than our last, with a kitchen, 2 lounges, dining room, 2 sort of utility rooms, 6 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. So me rattling around in a huge, empty flat alone a lot of the time didn’t help the whole getting over it thing. Where was Ciara? Jetting off to all the corners of the planet with her new job as a CEO of Livestream. Don’t get me wrong, I am so proud of her, she finished her college courses online and then went on to do something which had nothing to do with them and she’s doing amazingly. She’s already visited half the countries on this planet including England (4 times). I haven’t been back at all; but Perrie had visited me with the rest of little mix- it was nice to fully fill the flat for once. Dani had promised to come and visit at the start of December.

And work? It can’t really be compared to the O2, the job itself (i.e. the work and shows) is better because of the variety, it's not just music at all, almost every other day there is a basketball game. But the O2 was where I started, I am forever grateful to the people there and that can’t be changed or replaced. I don’t see my boss as much as I saw Miss Turner, but that’s good as it gives me more independence to develop as a director. From what I have seen of her, she seems nice but she is busier than Miss Turner so we haven’t had much time to talk. I do like her but I just don’t have that connection, and I’m not sure it’s ever going to be there.