Chapter Fourteen

Chapter 14:

‘Louis. I’m not coming out.’

‘Why not?’

‘Because not only do I look like a slut, but I look like wannabe slut that fails at being a slut because she is too fat and ugly and the make-up doesn’t help.’

‘The make-up has got to be helping a bit right?’

‘Louis, that isn’t helping.’

‘Well, I’m sure you don’t look like a slut at all.’

‘Fine, but I look awful- this makes me look so fat.’ I grumbled,

‘Ciara!’ his sudden shout startled me, ‘Bring everyone because Char is being a stupid, insecure girl that won’t come out of the bathroom in her gorgeous new dress that I bought her especially for her birthday.’

‘How is that going to make me want to come out any more?’

‘Because Zayn and I will break the door down.’

‘Okay okay, bit drastic don’t you think?’ I slowly unlocked the door and slid out, bracing myself for the lies that they would deliver. But there was only Louis, perched on his bed, grinning like a fool.

‘Where did the others go?’

‘Oh, there was no one here in the first place.’

‘What?’ I shrieked,

‘They went out about 10 minutes ago- to the beach/bar area, but you were in there being all stupidly insecure so I pretended to call them so that you would come out.’

‘Bastard.’ Suddenly, he got up from his seat on the bed, walked to my side and whispered in my ear.

‘Oh, and you look incredibly gorgeous.’ I blushed heavily and swatted at his chest. He laced his fingers with mine. ‘Let’s go.’

‘Where to?’

‘It’s a surprise.’

‘Fucking hell.’

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After gathering my clutch, Louis led me from the room and out onto the wooden deck. We followed it round until it met the beach. A bamboo lined path wound its way into the dense shrubbery that gave us privacy from the rest of the resort. I had been excited enough when I found out where we were, but then when we got to the resort and then our rooms I was actually screaming (embarrassingly not on the inside). I don’t know whether Louis contacted my Grandpa or just hacked my laptop and looked through my history, but the only person I ever told about my dream was Grandpa and I’ve lost count of how many hours I’ve spent gazing at my bank balance- just wishing for some mystery person to deposit some money in there (come to think of it, that’s sounds seriously weird). I looked back at my little paradise in awe and shock, shock that I was actually here and awe of the fact that it was better than I could ever have imagined. Whatever Louis did, he was fulfilling my actual dreams and I was forever grateful to him- and the holiday had barely even begun.

There were four huts, positioned in a semi-circle and linked with a network of wooden boardwalks which all joined in the middle and led to the private beach. The huts themselves were on stilts in the ocean- raised higher than the high tide line and since the tide was currently out, seaweed and limpets clung to the wood. The private beach was utterly perfect and unimaginably picturesque, with white, gossamer sand- sculpted by the waves in soft ripples uninterrupted by rubbish and other debris that was always seen on every beach in Britain. Coconut tree’s overhung from the bordering shrubbery- providing breaks of shade and to one side of the beach were smooth rocks, gently leading into the bath-like water (as Niall informed after his impromptu swim this morning- those boys are so mean to him sometimes, but he didn’t seem to mind too much). As for the interiors, they were gorgeously styled. It was somewhat nautically themed, although the colours did not suggest this. It was the use of driftwood and porthole windows in places that did. All the walls were left bare from colour, the sandy wood being the texture. Around the rooms, all the furnishings were white including the blinds, towels, rugs and bedding. Lounges were tastefully kitted out with soft white sofa’s, glass coffee tables and huge flat screen televisions- it was a shame really, I don’t know who would be ungrateful enough to waste time in a place like this watching television. My favourite part (before even the bedroom with its crazy comfortable bed), had to be the balcony, it was glass with a wooden frame holding the glass panes in place. It hung out the back of the bedroom and since the whole structure was in the sea it looked down into the gorgeous blue depths of the ocean. I sat out there this morning whilst I had my breakfast with the girls and it was absolutely breath-taking, the pancakes were good too.