Chapter Nine

Chapter 9:

It was the end of my fifth show as stage manager and not much like any other. All the others (apart from one direction of course) were amateur battle of the band competition finals and things like that. Tonight was the opening night for The Wanted’s sold out UK tour. They start at the o2 with just one show and then 6 months later return for another 4 to finish off the tour, so this show was rather crucial.

There was a distinctive feeling of déjà vu as I nervously walked to the dressing rooms to meet them, I don’t know what I was expecting- but I wasn’t prepared for it. I suppose I thought they would be a bit like 1D- but possibly more reserved because I don’t think anyone’s quite like them. To be totally honest they were complete and utter sweethearts. Although quiet, they are certainly charming- especially that cheeky Nathan chap. I lost count of the number of subtle chat-up lines he used on me; by the time I had left we had moved onto rude ones. I didn’t stay as long with them- this was partly because their concert was more technical and I just wanted to double check everything. There was also the fact that they had started their pre-show rituals, and I really didn’t want to get in the way of that.

At the end of the (successful) show, the boys came and said their thanks and even invited me out for a couple of drinks but I had to refuse. I need to get up early for certain reasons. I got changed, and caught a taxi home (might as well indulge- and it’s not so nice walking through the streets of London on your own at 11 o’clock at night).

When I got home, Ciara was waiting for me, with a scary look on her face.

‘Well, Miss Char: since you failed to spill about last night, last night- I’m afraid it has to be now.’

‘Alright then.’ I took my coat off and went into my bedroom. I placed it and the clothes I had been wearing for the performance into the open suitcase sat on the floor, I put on my pyjamas and did my usual facial routine: (scrub, cleanse, moisturise and balm)- then all of these went into my suitcase along with the entire contents of my bathroom that I wouldn’t need in the morning.

‘Come on Char.’ Ciara shouted impatiently,

‘Coming dear,’ I walked into the living room and sat down next to her on the sofa. ‘Well… what do you want to know?’

‘Everything.’ She stated,

‘Well, first I said hi, and then he said hi…’

‘Char…’ Ciara interrupted

‘Yeah?’

‘Maybe, skip to the interesting part?’

‘Okay that was a lie anyway. So we got in a limo, and drove to this really fancy hotel in Covent Garden. And then we had a really nice, posh dinner. And then he took me out into the plaza and there was a little steel drum band playing and we danced together- and then we took a scenic route back through Hyde Park and yeah.’

‘Awwwwwww, that’s so romantic.’

‘Right…’ I scoffed, ‘It was really thoughtful of him. Although I made a complete fool out of myself dancing.’

‘You’re so lucky.’ She groaned, ‘I wish I could get some luck in my love-life.’

‘What? What about Ben               , your sexy-ass boyfriend?’ I nudged her,

‘Yeah… things aren’t so great at the moment.’

‘What do you mean?’ I asked,

‘He broke up with me.’

‘Oh my god I’m so sorry Cici. When? How? Why?’

‘An hour ago, because he found someone else.’ At this I was on my feet and extremely pissed,