Chapter Thirteen

Chapter 13:

Ring…ring…ring…

‘Hello?’

‘Miss Edwards, Mr Edwards has just arrived- shall I send him up?’

‘Could somebody help him in the lift?’

‘Of course Miss Edwards.’

‘Thank you.’ I hung up.

‘Who was that?’ Ciara’s voice came from her room.

‘Reception, Grandpa’s here.’

5 minutes later and there was a knock on the door, I flung it open eagerly and threw my arms out and more or less smothered him.

‘Whoa, what’s gotten into you dear?’

‘Can a girl not be excited to see her beloved Grandpa?’ I said innocently,

‘What’s happened?’

‘Nothing too bad.’

‘Char…’ He tapped his foot expectantly- which looked quite funny in his wheelchair.

‘I’m going away.’

‘That’s nice.’

‘What?’

‘Where are you going?’

‘Are you not really disappointed in me that I won’t be here for Christmas?’

‘No. Not really.’

‘So I came up with this big plan to make it all up to you but then you’re fine about it.’

‘I never asked you to.’

‘Still...’

‘For god’s sake Char, you’re 20. Of course you’re going to move on.’

Grandpa stayed for about an hour before I wheeled him down to reception; from there I paid for a taxi to take him back to the home.

His goodbye- although quite familiar, scared me. He was feverish and quite desperate in the way that he was adamant in telling me he loved me and was so proud of me. It broke my heart. I managed to almost forget about it once I came back as Ciara set me numerous jobs to do around the flat before we go away, whilst she finished packing for the both of us. I was quite relieved when she banished me from the rooms so that she could pack in peace. Sooner than I expected, it was 12.30 and Louis was rapping on the door. He gathered both mine and Ciara’s suitcases (what a gentleman) and carried them downstairs and out to the van for us and soon enough I was checking windows, plug sockets, the fridges and locking the door for the last time.

‘All ready?’ Louis asked as he pressed the button for the ground floor.

‘Yep, but I wish you would tell me where we’re going.’ I groaned

‘Patience.’

‘Every single time,’ I muttered under my breath, Louis chuckled.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soon enough we were settled in our seats on the PRIVATE jet- I was conveniently placed next to Louis, oh well he’s a good pillow. He took my hand in his and squeezed it.

‘Was this really necessary? We could’ve gone economy class on a public plane and it still would’ve been too much.’

‘Oh shhhh, it’s fine.’ He shrugged it off as if it was no big deal ‘You okay?’