Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Benji's POV

When we got back to the apartment Ajax excused himself to his office after helping me carry the bags to my room.  He made sure I properly hung up the suits and some of the dress shirts before he left the rest for me to attend to.  I put everything away in the drawers and shelves in the closet.  Laid out the shoes on the shoe rack and then grabbed a textbook and flopped down on my bed to study for a bit.  It wasn't long before my eyes were getting droopy and I felt the book fall onto my pillow.  I was lying on my side facing the window as the late afternoon sun streamed in.  As I slowly fell into a nap I felt the bed dip behind me and Ajax's large form tucked up against my back, pulling me snugly into his chest.  Instead of waking me up, the comfort only lulled me deeper into sleep; the last thing I felt before I was completely out was the light brushing of lips on my temple.

When I woke up I was alone; did I dream that Ajax had come in or was that real?  I was pretty sure it was real and I let myself have a moment of delight at the memory.  The sun had set and I could hear the sound of cooking through my open door.  I breathed in and almost started drooling at the smell, my stomach growling was the next clue that I was hungry.  I got up and followed my nose to the kitchen where Ajax was throwing some vegetables into a wok where what looked like beef was already cooking.

He looked up when I entered the room and his face lit up into a pleased expression that made my heart soar a little.  "Dinner will be ready in 5 minutes," he announced.

"What can I do to help Sir?"

"Well, you can set the table, plates are in that cabinet and forks and knives in this drawer."  He pointed to the places as he gave me the instructions so I quickly got everything I needed.  Ajax had a formal dining room, but  since it was just the two of us, I set the small table in the breakfast nook where we had eaten before.

"What would you like to drink Sir?"

"Just water pet, in a glass with some ice... and a slice of lemon.  And get whatever you'd like from the fridge."

Since soda and juice had a lot of sugar that I didn't need, I was pretty used to drinking water most of the time, so I made each of us a glass of ice water with a slice of lemon and then placed them on the table as well.  I was kind of surprised that Ajax didn't have wine with dinner like so many...well, he was kind of a yuppie wasn't he?  Well, like so many 'professionals' did.  I had seen him have one glass of wine the night we had dinner with Rob and Peter, but that was the only alcohol I'd seen him drink so far.  I kind of admired his pure and simple eating and drinking habits.

"Sir, I think I've only seen you have one glass of wine all the times I've been with you, most guys your age drink beer and wine like it's water," my big mouth blurted out.

Luckily he chuckled before replying.  "I do have beer and wine once in a while and mixed drinks as well, but it's not a regular habit and I never drink...if I'm going to..." he paused.  "Do anything with my sub.  If you're putting your trust in me, I want to have 100% awareness and control.  I just feel like it's a big responsibility to have someone's full trust and care in your hands, and I would never do anything to risk hurting you in any way."

His answer hit me like a ton of bricks and although I've already become pretty awestruck by this man, my admiration flew even higher.  "I know you would never do anything to hurt me," I numbly replied.

His eyes came up from the wok to look at me directly.  "I'm glad you know that baby, your trust in me means..." he looked down as if embarrassed, "well it means everything to me."

His attention became focused on the stir fry as he added bean sprouts, stirred a few more times before pouring the steaming hot food into a serving dish.  I stood there frozen watching as he next opened up a rice cooker and scooped a bunch of rice into another bowl.  His words went through my head and I swear, I felt like crying.  I didn't deserve this man.  He was...he was too good to be true.  How did I, Benji St. Clair, end up with this amazing man.  He was handsome, he was smart, he was caring, his body was killer...he was...perfect.  There is no way he should be with me.  He should be with...like...I tried to think of the sexiest man alive, someone who would deserve Ajax.  Francisco Lachowski, Garrett Neff, "Sean Opry!"