Chapter 27

Chapter 27

"This is ours," Ajax said as he unlocked the door to a very nice large hotel-style room, with a large closet, attached bathroom, and King size bed. Although we entered through a regular door from an inside hallway, Ajax opened large floor to ceiling curtains which covered sliding glass doors out to a patio.

"This is really nice."

"It is, maybe we'll go on a little cruise tomorrow if Nico's up for it. I'll close these curtains back up since guests will be on the patio." There was a wide open space above the curtains so plenty of sunlight still came in the room. Once he was finished he came over and handed me a key. "Here, if you need to use the bathroom you might as well come here instead of using the ones for the guests. Or if you just need to get away for a few minutes."

"Thanks." I tucked it into my pocket before following Ajax back out to the hallway since he didn't want to leave Nico hosting all by himself. Ajax led me to a large room where there was a bar set up and waiters in white jackets and black pants were walking around passing out champagne and hors-d'oeuvres. There looked to be about 30 people by now and Ajax walked around shaking hands and chatting. I followed him around, speaking when I was spoken too, but mostly just standing next to Ajax like a dolt.

"Can I go get something to drink?" I asked him. A waiter had just come by, but I didn't really want champagne.

"I'll come with you," he said, "I'm not a big champagne drinker either."

We excused ourselves from the group we were speaking with and went over to the long bar where 4 bartenders were working. The one who came right over to us looked familiar and after a few minutes, I realized he was a bartender at the club. Ajax ordered a scotch, specifying some fancy brand that's probably older than me, but I hate that stuff so I ordered a rum and coke. Simple Benji, simple tastes.

"Did I tell you how amazing you look tonight, Pet?" Ajax whispered in my ear as he put his arm around my shoulders.

"Probably," I chuckled since he's always telling me stuff like that. He laughed and pulled me tight into his side so I rested my head on his shoulder until the bartender came over with our drinks.

"Here you go Sirs," he said, smiling at Ajax and then giving me a wink, causing me to blush. Okay, that was embarrassing, I thought as we walked away. I can't believe I blushed like a schoolgirl. I looked back at the bar and the bartender, who I found out was named Tanner from a name tag he was wearing, was still looking at me with a slight smirk. What the heck?!

"Hey bro!" Nico walked up and gave Ajax one of those half "bro" hugs, then turned to me. "Hi Benji, I'm glad you came. I'm sure the evening will be much more tolerable for my brother with you here."

"That's an understatement," Ajax said in a mock groan.

"Listen, can I borrow you for a few minutes?" he said to Ajax. "I need to bring you up to speed on a few interesting conversations I've already had. Oh, and we're going to meet in my private quarters after dinner for a quick discussion with Corbett."

"Benji, do you think you'll be alright for a little while?"

"Yes, Sir. I'll see if I can find Lars."

"It's Ajax tonight Benji, and I'll catch up with you in a few minutes," he said quietly into my ear before giving me a quick peck on the cheek.

"Yeah, sorry. Okay, Ajax."

He gave me a broad smile and walked off with Nico. I looked around feeling a tiny bit lost with all the strangers. After taking a big sip of my drink I started walking, hoping to spot Lars. A lot of the people didn't seem all that inviting so I didn't even approach them, but finally, I saw Lars, Selena, and Julian sitting out on the terrace laughing about something. I walked out and as soon as they saw me, Selena waved me over.