Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Benji's POV

You probably think I was a mess during my classes the next day.  Well you're wrong!  Once I woke up I felt energized and focused; my head was clear, I had no anxiety, my thoughts weren't racing in 50 million directions and I felt...happy and content.  I know, weird.

After breakfast Ajax dropped me off at my dorm, I changed quickly and got the books I needed for my Thursday classes, even got to my first one early.  Jamie was already there and instead of convincing her to sit in the back, I sat up front with her.  I even raised my hand a few times and contributed to the lecture when the professor posed questions.  My next class went just as well and then after lunch my theatre class was a hoot.  We were doing improv and I even got a standing ovation from my performance.  Yeah, it pretty much was a banner day for me. 

Jamie had a big grin on her face and an "I told you so" look all day.  I had to roll my eyes at her more than once to get her to tone it down.  I didn't give her any details, Jamie and I were like brother and sister, we just didn't want to know the details of each other's sex lives, but I gave her a brief overview of the evening and how well Ajax and I seemed to connect.  She was really happy for me.

"When do you see him again?" she asked coyly. 

I just rolled my eyes at her undertone, "tomorrow night.  I'm going to spend the weekend with him.  You going to see Dennis?"

Her face dropped slightly, "Yeah, I'm meeting him at the club Friday night...like usual."

"Why do you seem unhappy about that?" I wondered out loud.

"All we do is meet at the club, occasionally go back to his place afterwards, but then he takes me back to the dorm first thing the next morning.  I...I want something more," she sighed.

"He seems like he really cares about you," I suggested, trying to cheer her up.

"He's a great Dom, he takes really good care of me when we're together, he's affectionate, his aftercare is sweet and...well wonderful.  It's just, there's nothing beyond the club and the Dom/sub thing.  I thought as time went on more would develop.  I guess I was just being...naïve."

"No Jamie, not at all.  It's still relatively early in your relationship, things like that sometimes take time.  But maybe he's just not the relationship type.  I mean," I paused, not sure if this would hurt her feelings, "a lot of the Doms are just looking for a sub and nothing more, you do realize that, and if it's not working for you, when your contract expires, move on to another Dom...."

She frowned, "I know...but Benji, I'm not like some of those subs at the club, I can't just move from one Dom to another.  Dennis knows and respects my limitations and especially my low pain threshold.  I don't think just any Dom would be that patient, and I really like Dennis.  I mean, I like like him."

"Well give it some more time, and if nothing changes, try talking to him."

"Yeah, maybe," she murmured.  She looked back at the text book she had been thumbing through and I could tell she was done with this discussion so I returned to mine as well.  Midterms were next week and we had met after my last class to study together. 

Ajax had been concerned about my spending the weekend with him right before exams, but I assured him that the I was already ahead of the game with the studying I'd done in Malibu and this week, and that it was much quieter away from the dorms anyway.  He agreed but I think he cut down on the plans he originally had.  We were going to go to a quiet dinner Friday night then back to his apartment so I could study.  Saturday we were going to do some shopping and then go to the club that night, but he said we wouldn't stay too late and then Sunday I was to focus on studying all day while he would make me meals and make sure I took breaks.  He even said I could stay at his place to study on Monday while he was at work, if I felt the dorms were too loud for productive studying.