Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Benji's POV

Here I was Tuesday morning, sitting in my first class waiting as our midterm exams were passed around the room.  I wasn't as nervous as I'd been in the past on exam day.  Feeling well prepared and after a pretty great weekend with Ajax, life felt good.   Ajax had officially collared me and proclaimed me as 'his' in front of the other Doms.  And then…of course there was the demonstration, I felt myself blush and look around even though no one could know what I was thinking about.

It only got better, we went back to Ajax's apartment and he brought me to his bed and we had probably the best sex I've ever had in my life.  It was different…we didn't go into the playroom, it could almost be called vanilla.  No restraints, no spanking, I didn't quite know what to make of it…it just happened.  I think Ajax was just as perplexed as he even apologized afterwards.  When I tried to ask him why, he just changed the subject and then we ended up going to sleep.  In the morning it was back to our normal witty banter, which was fine, I guess I just wanted to understand what was going on.  Did he do that with past subs?  Did it mean anything?  I guess I was overthinking it.  I was his sub, he was my Dom and I guess once in a while he likes to put away the whips and chains and have a normal bang.  Whatever.  I certainly didn't mind it.

I spent most of Sunday studying while Ajax did his own thing in his office.  In the late morning though he brought me downstairs to he and his brother's personal gym and we ran for a while on treadmills and did some light lifting.  It was only for a couple of hours, but it helped break up the studying so I could stay focused better.  Then we made some sandwiches for lunch and I went back to the books. I let Ajax quiz me before we made dinner and since I got everything right he rewarded me by popping in a movie after we ate. 

I didn't know what to expect at bedtime, but Ajax said he had some reports to review before the next morning, so I ended up just going to bed in my room.  When I woke up Monday morning there was a note on my night table that said he was off to work and that I could stay at the apartment for the day and study, the fridge was stocked and I should help myself to anything I wanted.  I was kind of bummed I had missed him because I promised to meet Jamie back on campus at 5:00 for an evening study session so now I wouldn't see him for a few days, but I didn't want to slack off on my friends just because I was in a relationship.

Ajax and I texted back and forth a few times.  He wanted to make sure I was okay and had a healthy breakfast and lunch since he had too many meetings to be able to make it back to join me.  He offered to send a car to take me back to campus, but I told him I was fine taking public transit.  He balked at that and we compromised and I took a cab.  He had already started giving me a weekly stipend, which I still felt weird about, so it was no big deal paying for it.

"You may begin."

The professor's loud voice startled me out of my thoughts and I quickly looked around as everyone began writing furiously on their papers.  I took a deep breath, opened the exam booklet and began.

I had two exams on Tuesday and only one on Wednesday.  For theatre we had done group presentations the week before so all in all my first mid-term week of my college career was pretty good.  I felt really confident that I did well, better than I ever had, and I couldn't wait until grades would be posted online the following Monday.  First time ever I was excited to get my grades back!

Normally, well, we really hadn't been together long enough to say normally, but Ajax and I had planned to get together Wednesday nights, but earlier in the week he had called to tell me he had a meeting in San Diego that evening and wouldn't be home until late if he was able to come home at all.  If the negotiations didn't go well, he might have to stay the night and finish them up Thursday morning.  He said I could stay at his apartment, but I said I'd stay on campus.  I didn't yet feel fully comfortable being alone at his apartment, plus I was going to go to the Boy's Club with Joe Thursday afternoon anyway.  So our new plan was that Ajax would pick me up Thursday after my volunteer shift and we would head down to the beach house for a long weekend.   It was a long stretch of not seeing him, but I needed to have my own life outside of Ajax and not get too dependent on him.  He was my Dom for three months and who knows if we would sign another contract.  He might want to move on to someone else.  I had trained myself not to get attached to boyfriends after getting dumped so often in the past.  Ajax was definitely the best looking, sexiest most amazing boyfriend I'd ever had and it would be too easy to get overly attached to him, so I had to keep things light.