Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Benji's POV

"Rob is a very traditional Dom," Ajax was telling me as we drove to the restaurant, "and you'll find that Peter is very quiet and shy, but he's a good guy; very smart, very kind and extremely submissive.  He practically doesn't breath without Rob's permission.  Please remember that your behaviour reflects on me as your Dom, so if you're at all unsure about anything, discreetly get my attention and ask.  I will be ordering for you, is there anything you don't like or especially do like, it's French-American cuisine?"

"I like just about anything Sir, you kind of already know what's best for me to eat...the only thing I can think of for that kind of restaurant is that I don't eat veal...because, well you know, the way the animal is treated."

"Don't worry, neither do I," he assured. 

We arrived at the restaurant and after Ajax gave his car keys to the valet we headed into the bar where we would meet Rob and Peter.  I wanted to make a good impression on Ajax's friends so he would be proud of me, so I vowed not to go all Benji-weird on them.  I would speak only when spoken to, remember my table manners and if I wasn't sure about anything I'd look to Ajax for guidance.

As we walked through to the bar many of the staff looked up and welcomed Ajax, then I remembered that he and his brother owned the restaurant so it made sense.

"Hey Scott, club soda and cranberry, two of them please," he called to the bartender.  "So what do you think? Ajax asked when he turned back to me.

"It's great Sir, really nice.  It's really busy, it must be very popular too."

"Yeah, it does a good business.  We have some amazing chefs here.  Oh, here come Rob and Peter."

"AJ, great to see you," a tall man greeted as they approached.  He was a bit taller than Ajax and a bit broader as well with dark hair and steel blue eyes, made me think of shark eyes; he looked to be about the same age as Ajax.  Standing just a step behind and close to his side was a much smaller man, he looked to be a few years older than me, maybe 22 or 23, very slim almost feminine with light brown hair and hazel eyes.  He looked up briefly then down again shyly.

Ajax smiled and shook the larger man's hand.  "Glad you called when you got back into town", then looked at the small man, "Peter, you're looking very well."  I noticed that Ajax didn't reach his hand out to Peter and I remembered that Doms don't like other people to touch their sub, especially other Doms.  Peter quickly looked up at Ajax and gave him a small smile, nodding his head before he looked down again.

"Rob, Peter, this is Benji.  Benji this is Rob and Peter."  Ajax made the introductions and I quickly looked at him before I met Rob's eyes.  He gave me a quick nod so I smiled and said hello first to Rob and then to Peter.  "Benji's a first year student at UCLA," Ajax continued.

"Nice to meet you Benji, good school! What are you studying?" Rob asked.  Again, I looked briefly at Ajax who nodded approvingly.

"Psychology & Sociology Sir, and theatre as a possible minor," I replied.

"Very good.  Peter did his undergrad at UCLA and now is in his second year of grad school at Stanford studying Computer Science, so we've pretty much relocated up North, but we get back to L.A. fairly often when I need to meet with clients, so we try to catch up with old friends whenever we're back in town."

"Stanford's a great school!" I said to Peter.  He looked up again and just smiled, but the look in his eyes seemed very warm and friendly, he just seemed painfully shy, but at least he held my gaze a bit longer.  "I love Northern California, you must enjoy living there."