25: The Truth.

___________________________________

I stared at my reflection in Tracey's mirror.

I examined my obviously excited features. My green eyes were glowing with excitement. I could see my rapid pulse on my neck and there was a slight curve to my pink lips as I looked down my body and looked at my face.

I'm 18 years old.

I'm officially classed as an adult. 

I can almost do anything I want.. I just need to turn 21 if I want to do everything.
I smoothed my hands down my cream coloured satin and black fabric dress. One of my birthday present's my mother and aunt surprised me with this morning thus changing my clothing plan I made yesterday. But I made it work.

It was a beautiful dress I was dying to have from Asos by Eva Evanovich. The strapless bodice was cream satin that hugged the top half of my body but the bottom half was draped panel black fabric skirt that hung a little loose at my thighs.

I ran a hand through my wavy hair and grabbed my bracelets from the side of the sink. 

I couldn't believe it. I've done 18 years of my life already. It feels like only yesterday that I celebrated my fifth birthday in my backyard with a bouncy bounce and all that kids crap my mom thought I loved.

I snorted quietly. Those were the days. Only worrying about the latest toys and gadgets not if I was in love with my best friend.

"Alexis!"

"I'll be out in minute." I yelled back.

It was almost eight-thirty. Megan and Tracey were in her room chatting excitedly about who was going to be there and what the big surprise was. My mother said she had a surprise for me and Gabriel.

I put on some light make-up, slipped my black heels on and exited the bathroom. Megan and Tracey gasped and stood up. "You look so gorgeous!"

I smiled at my friends. "Thank you. You both look pretty hot yourselves."

Tracey stood up and put her hands on her hips. "Nobody is even going to be looking at us when you walk in." Her black hair was tied in a very elegant bun and her dark red backless dress hugged her stick thin body as she twirled and grabbed Megan's hand to stand up.

Megan's hair was curled and pinned to the side of her head. Her dress was also backless except it was a whole other design and dark blue. They both looked to die for.

Megan walked up to Tracey's desk mirror and pouted her lips playfully. "Eat your heart out."

Tracey and I couldn't help our laughs.

A car beeped outside and my heart jumped into my throat. "The car's here. Whatever the hell it is." 

Meg and Tracey exchanged a look.

My eyes narrowed. "What..."

Meg exhaled. "Trace we can tell her now."

"Tell me what?" I asked slowly.

"Okay," Trace exhaled. "When we get picked up it's going to be all crazy from there. Your parents probably told you one thing but none of that's going to happen."

My eyes widened. "What?!"

Meg pursed her lips as if to stop herself from laughing. "Come on let's go see what awesome car your mom and dad ordered."

We grabbed our bags and started down the stairs. Tracey's mom took pictures of us before we went outside.

And that's when I saw them.

Two white Range Rovers were parked outside Tracey's house.

My eyes widened. "Where the hell could they find these in Fayetteville?!"

"Can your parents adopt me?" Meg added.

I laughed and walked up to the driver who was sitting at the hood of the car. "Hi," I said.

"Miss Gardiner," He opened the door. "Girls. One in the front."

Trace sat in the back and my curious gaze wandered to the other Range Rover. Meg pushed me in and shut the door just as the driver sat in and started the car.

"Excuse me," I asked the driver as he zoomed down the road. "What's the other car for?"

"That is Mr Thomas's car."

My eyes widened. "G-Gabriel was in that car?"

The driver nodded. 

"Alex," Trace said next to me. "Gabriel hasn't been allowed home obviously. He got ready at Brian's. He knows as much as you do at this point."

"Which is absolutely nothing." Meg said from the front.

I cleared my throat. "I didn't know he would be..."

"Of course you didn't." Trace said. "And I know for a fact you didn't want him to see you until later on."

I nodded and stared out the window. I hadn't figured out what I would say to Gabe yet. I just told myself that everything that needs to be said will be said. But how or when I didn't know.

As we drove to Gabe's gates I saw security guards letting people in and telling them where to go.
The security guards saw the Range Rover's and opened both gates without question.