52: 3/4 Days Remaining - The Other Side

_______________________________________________

"And they say, 
She's in the Class A Team;
Stuck in her daydream 
Been this way since 18, 
But lately
Her face seems 
Slowly sinking, wasting
Crumbling like pastries 
And they scream 
The worst things in life come free to us..."

I turned my head to Jay and smiled. "What are you singing?"

"This song called The A Team by an English singer, Ed Sheeran." He said.

Even when he was sick, his voice still sounded great. The thoughts of our old music class came to my mind. I didn't think those memories were still there but it was all hidden. I started to wonder if all of my memories were like that.

He hummed. 
"Cos we're just under the upper hand 
And go mad for a couple of grams 
And she don't want to go outside tonight 
And in a pipe she flies to the Motherland 
Or sells love to another man 
It's too cold outside 
For angels to fly 
Angels to fly..."

He suddenly chuckled. "It's funny."

"What is?" I asked as I stood up and stretched my legs. They should be here soon. I could feel them.

"How the end of that song has some truth to it. Is it cold for you guys to fly?" He smiled up at me innocently.

I grinned back at him. "I've never flown myself, Jay. But when I get my wings I'll tell you." I winked.

He brought his knees up to his chest and smiled. "Okay." He said. "You know, Alex you aren't that much different to your human self."

I sighed. "Of course I am. I'm a completely different person to who I was before--"

"I disagree," He interrupted, "You make it sound like you've evolved into a whole different human or being. But you're the same. I'm guessing in your past lives you must have been the same, it's amazing to think of it like that though."

I smiled light heartedly at him. It makes me happy that he still has a positive attitude. I think Jay is the thing keeping me from trying to do something stupid. There are a lot of things I could do to try and get out of this but I didn't want to risk getting him hurt or killed.
Footsteps sounded down the steps down the tunnel. I waited for them to emerge from around the corner.

But it was only Eli that came out.
He nodded at Jay and then paid all of his attention to me. "There is a lake not far from here."

"And?" I snapped.

"If you'd like to... refresh yourself then you have twenty minutes. I will take Jayden after Grigori collects you."

Eli's hold on me disappeared and I ran out of the cave. I made it to the lake and waterfall in seconds and sighed. The freedom was wonderful. The feeling of not having someone constantly stopping me from letting my mind free was fantastic.

I sighed and watched the waterfall. It was pretty high. The water fell down the rocks and smashed against the boulders that were piled up in river. Apart from the waterfall, the water was undisturbed. There was still ice covering the sides of the lake and I knew it was going to me freezing.

I unbuttoned my black shirt and shrugged it off. I hung it on the branch of a tree and put my hand inside the freezing cold water. I shut my eyes and concentrated all of my heat into the lake. I put everything into it and soon I heard bubbling. I looked at it and smiled at the steam coming from it. I stripped off my pants and vest but kept my underwear on. I slipped into water and welcomed the feeling.

I ducked right under and let the hot water rush over my neck, face and hair. The water was loosening my muscles quickly and I felt better already.

I swam back up to the surface and made my way over to the boulders under the waterfall. I stood underneath the water as it pelted against my skin like bullets. I brought my hand up to my neck and touched the ring Gabriel had got me for Christmas. I'd almost forgotten I had this on. It was the only reminder of Gabriel apart from the memories.

My body relaxed quickly along with my mind and soon enough I jumped back into the cooling water and climbed onto the surface. The fire in my veins warmed my skin quickly making me dry off faster including my underwear. I dressed quickly and started walking slowly back to the cave.

But then a loud screeching noise filled my head and I groaned.