10: Visitor

_________________

My mom and dad were so mad.

My brother went nuts, my dad's face went so red with anger I couldn't believe that a face could go so red, and my mom said every English swear word in the dictionary. Brian stayed to help get my face cleaned up but went home almost an hour ago.  

Mom said I didn't have to go to school tomorrow. I said I'll see how I feel tomorrow but I doubt I'll go.  

My jaw wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It bled a lot but it wasn't that bad. It was just a circular scrape to the jaw.  

It was almost 2:05am and I haven't had a minute sleep. My mind was racing. That language, it sounded very unusual. Except... it somehow seemed familiar. When he first started speaking in that alien tongue, I understood it. I shouldn't have but I did. It felt like it was a second language; like it was already embedded into my brain.  

I shook my head and closed my eyes.  

That isn't mentally possible... then again a lot of things now a days isn't mentally possible.

~

"Oiad Cro-od-zi ipam ...." Someone whispered to me.

~

I jolted up and looked straight into the corner. I literally almost peed myself when I saw an outline of a dark shadow.  

I opened my mouth to scream and shut my eyes when a large wet hand shot out over my mouth. I opened my eyes just as lightening brightened my room for a split second. But it was long enough to see the face of the one person I didn't think I would ever see.

His bright blue eyes stared into mine with both anger and worry.  

He removed his hand slowly from my mouth. He was so close.

And he was soaked.

Without a t-shirt on.

Only light grey sweat pants. No shoes.

My door suddenly burst open, turning on the light half blinding me showing my dad with a baseball bat. "Honey, I heard you squeal is something wrong?"  

I groaned loudly and covered my eyes. I then quickly surveyed my bedroom only to see Gabriel gone.  

"Ahh, oh, dad no, there was a, erm, huge spider. I killed it. It's cool."  

He lowered the bat and raised a brow. "Alright. Well, you get some sleep then. Love you."  

I nodded. "Yeah, I will. Love you too."  

He smiled and turned the light off.  

As soon as the door closed, Gabriel came out from behind the door looking a little bit pissed off.  

"Gabriel,"  

It felt so weird to say his name. I could see him now. He was dripping wet from the rain he looked like he was breathing really heavily, chest rising up and down defining his six pack.  

He walked into the bathroom and walked out with a towel.  

"How did you get in here?" I wondered.  

He pointed his hand toward the window.  

"But I locked that."  

He smirked. I missed that smirk.  I crossed my legs on the bed and stared at him. He wasn't making any attempt to talk to me. Why?  

"I'm beyond the point of pissed off that I can't think of the right words to say."  

He can hear me. Could he hear me all week? I paused before I said. "At what?"