27: Calling

____________________________

Everything was burnt.

The buildings were burnt, the forms of transport were burnt; everything was burnt. A small but involuntary smile planted itself on my lips. I turned around and spotted a man clearing up burnt items in the distance. I ignored him and started walking around.

I looked down at the clothes I was wearing and frowned. I was wearing a pretty old dress that looked like it was made for Victorian times. Pieces of loose paper flew around and I grabbed one.
I couldn't read the year but it said June 1st. I dropped it and started walking around in the rubble. 

I could hear a voice that came from where the man was coming from so I stopped and turned to him. The voice stopped and then man stared at me from behind something large. 

I tilted my head curiously for a moment but then ignored him. I continued to walk through the burnt rubble when I heard a loud whistle. 

The noise screeched through my ears and caused me to cringe and drop to my knees. 

I glanced in the direction of the man in the distance but he'd disappeared.

Heels stood in front of me. I looked up into the woman's face and gasped. The blonde woman with luminous blue eyes in front of me frowned and said in Enochian, "You need to depart. You've done enough here."

My eyes widened. "Maryanne?!"

She frowned deeper. "My name is Genevieve. You know that."

**

I sat up so fast I got a head rush and dropped back down.

What the hell was that?

That seemed so real. It felt real. I lifted my shaky hands up to my damp head and sighed.

What could it have been? A memory? Was it some sort of illusion? Could someone have maybe placed the scene into my mind? Now I know what angels were capable of, it wouldn't surprise me if that last statement were true.

I sat up again and looked on the empty side Gabriel was sleeping on. I read the digital clock on the side which read 10.05am.

I stood up and walked into the bathroom to splash water on my face. That dream was weird even for me. Telling Gabriel about this wouldn't do any good. 

But... Maryanne. I felt like I knew her even in that dream. But she was blonde. She almost looked as Pure as Axel and Leo. 

I quickly brushed my teeth and combed my hair out.

I walked out and sat on the bed for a brief moment to collect myself. Genevieve seemed like a different person. But the distinctive way she said what she said sounded just like Maryanne. They were exactly the same except for the hair colour. Could it be possible that Mary could have been as Pure as that?

But it still doesn't explain how I knew. How that memory came to me. It felt like a flashback...

I stood up, walked to Gabriel's drawer to borrow shorts then walked out the room.

Could it have been a flashback? But from what? Did I have a glimpse into Maryanne's previous life...?

Or mine?

I shook my head. How could I be so absurd? It might have been made up. It might not even be a flashback! It could have just been my imagination running wild.

I paused at the steps as I heard voices travel from the kitchen.

"...You know when?" I heard an unfamiliar male voice say.

There was a brief pause. "I don't know when. She didn't say when she found out." Gabriel said.

"It doesn't matter now," Elizabeth said. "She knows and that's all that matters."

"Yes, but this is the earliest she has ever known." The unfamiliar voice said. "This could be a sign."

I heard a scoff I recognized as Maryanne. "I doubt it's a sign. She's smart. Independent. She knows what she's doing. It's different this time."

Was that a compliment from her?

I walked down slowly.

"I gave her a lead." I heard Tristan say. "Someone had to."

I was expecting Gabriel or someone to go ape-shit on him but instead I heard sounds of agreement.

"Tristan, you did what you had to do. Gabriel," The voice said. "How is she now?"

"She's fine." Was all he said to