11: The New Guy

_______________________

"Dude, seriously, the gym teacher is totally hot." Megan commented.

I rolled my eyes.

Jayden sighed. "Shut up." He mumbled under his breath.

I giggled but turned it into a cough when Megan glared at me. We continued pacing ourselves down the halls. It's Friday morning.

For the past couple of days, Gabriel had been coming in through my window every night. I've absolutely loved his company, sure, but everything was becoming harder. Looking into his bright blue eyes now makes me blush and turn away, seeing his cute perfect smile always makes me feel like my body was about to catch fire and just being near him practically makes my heart jump out of my chest.

Gabriel and I... It's not the same. But I, weirdly enough, like that fact.

Man, I really need to think some things through. I shook my head.

"Alex," Megan said. "How can you not think Williams is hot? Have you not seen him?"

I laughed. "Yeah I've seen him. And he's an insensitive douche. I think he knows he's hot, he thinks he knows everything."

We stopped walking. Megan and Jayden stared behind me, eyes widening. "Uh, ah Alex---"

"What? It's true. Every girl drools over some big buff dude with the brain of a---"

Two hands landed on my shoulders arms. They spun me around and my mouth dropped open.

"I'm a big buff dude with a brain of a what?" Mr Williams' smirked.

I laughed a little embarrassed. "Um, I ah... you have the brain of a genius! You're just so smart---"

"In my class room Miss Gardiner."

I laughed and looked at Megan. She looked so jealous it made me laugh harder.

Mr Williams rested his hand on my back and led me to his class.

That's when Kimberly saw me. Ah, hell.

I did so well to avoid her these past couple of days; so did Gabriel! Kim was one of those girls. Not a friend but not exactly an enemy. We just never got along. Especially now when she's set her sights on Gabriel. She'd been away on vacation unsurprisingly missing the beginning of the new semester.

She stopped in front of me with her two clones Amber and Amy. Yeah, I know.

"Oh, my gosh, Alex!" She opened her arms and hugged me.

Williams took a step back allowing her to hug me. I hugged her back reluctantly. She let go and smiled at me. I fake smiled back.

Over the summer it looked like she had applied not a real tan, but fake tan over her usually pasty skin. Her brown eyes still looked the same, her professionally dyed brown hair looked touched up and her skinny body was still the same.

She glanced at Williams and raised a brow before directing her gaze back to me. "So, how are you?"

"Good." I grumbled reluctantly.

"Is that all you can say?"

I clenched my fists. "Yeah, basically Kim, that is all I can say." I said as nicely as I could.

She scoffed. "Anyway have you seen Gabriel anywhere?"

"No."

She took a step back at my icy tone. She smiled but it didn't reach her eyes. She looked a little bit scared to be honest.